Singing section

Guest swintonowl1999

i do hope someone from the club is monitoring this thread to see the type person involved rates someone artificially arranging for him and his chums to sing together, as being as important as major surgery... 

if there is someone from the club looking in, i'd like to suggest that they be placed at the front, so adults can keep an eye on them...

If they are looking in they're probably too busy laughing at your comparison of moving a few people's seats to genocide.

:duntmatter:

Oh, sorry you actually wanted me to elaborate on why you're wrong?

"where the f****in hells 500 to a 1000 of yer...

av seen the ultras on a good day, there's a dozen and a half, and a 3 legged dog..."

Well one can make the assumption that a singing "section" would involve about a block or so. Now while obviously the "ultras" or whatever they want to call themselves would be the first to sign up, I'm sure many others would be interested in joining such a section. Considering that on away days we supposedly (I've never been to an away game... not a real fan innit!) have 2000+ creating an atmosphere, I would imagine that at home games we'd have enough interest to at least fill a block. Someone else will be able to tell me how big a "block" is on the kop, but I'm fairly certain my educated guess of 500-1000 is a good ballpark figure? Or am I incorrect and our away support is much like our home support- almost silent for 90 minutes

Also, what's the "yer" business? I'd have no interest in joining the singing block personally, I'm enjoying my cheap tickets through my STUDENT union, and I can't imagine them wanting STUDENTs in that section. But I'll happily join in if chanting started, as would most others as I alluded to.

"the childish comparison between a organised choir outing and someone requiring serious surgery points clearly to some of those involved in this well thought out scheme..."

I appreciate the subtle differences between a comparison and an analogy can leave some people confused. You seem to have found yourself falling for that mistake. I was making an analogy that if something is wrong and a solution would seem "plastic", you'd still take that solution in the vast majority of cases, such as requiring surgery. 

"i do hope someone from the club is monitoring this thread to see the type person involved rates someone artificially arranging for him and his chums to sing together, as being as important as major surgery... "

Again, it was an analogy and I clearly didn't suggest that it was as important as, you've come to that conclusion when it wasn't even implied. And again, I have zero interest in joining the singing section because I am a STUDENT who gets cheaper tickets to sit elsewhere in the ground. Dirty STUDENTs.

"if there is someone from the club looking in, i'd like to suggest that they be placed at the front, so adults can keep an eye on them..."

I agree, I think the front of the kop would be the most acoustically effective position

no it wouldn't be effective as the noise would go upwards and out of the ground as it did when there was no roof on it...AND YOU DID compare singing, with the need of requiring serious surgery in the previous post, though i fully understand you wanting to retract...

i actually read a post where the writer stated with the kop in full voice and the north west singing too, everyone between could join in...

if that's the case why do you all need the club to organise it all for you?

if you take your positions in the kop, in groups where you can, and enthusiastically chant and sing, and quite simply EVERYONE will join in, so you don't need to be in one huge (i'll use your numbers for you) body, you actually do need to be split up, so as to bring all other non partaking elements of the kop into the fold, and thus join in this massive partisan body...

makes me wonder why the atmosphere is shyte every other week with all these unfulfilled singers wanting to be heard...

pisspoor football...

an oversize, underfilled, unpopular kop...

with rank acoustics...

and missing more than half of the singing section (in the n/w)...

have led to the kop being what it is...

no it wouldn't be effective as the noise would go upwards and out of the ground as it did when there was no roof on it...AND YOU DID compare singing, with the need of requiring serious surgery in the previous post, though i fully understand you wanting to retract...

i actually read a post where the writer stated with the kop in full voice and the north west singing too, everyone between could join in...

if that's the case why do you all need the club to organise it all for you?

if you take your positions in the kop, in groups where you can, and enthusiastically chant and sing, and quite simply EVERYONE will join in, so you don't need to be in one huge (i'll use your numbers for you) body, you actually do need to be split up, so as to bring all other non partaking elements of the kop into the fold, and thus join in this massive partisan body...

makes me wonder why the atmosphere is shyte every other week with all these unfulfilled singers wanting to be heard...

pisspoor football...

an oversize, underfilled, unpopular kop...

with rank acoustics...

and missing more than half of the singing section (in the n/w)...

have led to the kop being what it is...

Do You like to sit down at football mate or stand up ?

Flags and banners is a good idea...it would at least look good..even when no f,ookers singing..

As for the references to Palace, thats mainly a siege mentality from supporters who more or less expect to get beat every week...its no surprise its taken off since their promotion to a lkeague where in the main, they were not expected to survive..All clubs fans do it. If .we played Chelsea in the cup saturday and Hillsborough would be raucous...

Hands up who's been to Selhurst Park when its been just as bad as any other ground..in the lower tiers..I know I have.

Stoke the same...Anfield when they were losing 2-0...could hear a pin drop apart from Owls fans.

I'm not decrying the idea of a singing section...go for it...but I bet you find it improves no end when the team starts winning...though that'll just be coincidence eh lol?

Edited by asteener1867

Okay then.

Let's keep it as it is. Completely silent.

How is allowing all of the more vocal members of our support to sit in one space, to allow flags and banners into that space, plastic?

We're not going to have big barriers up and say that no one else can sing unless you're in the section.

It's just the source of the atmosphere. Not the only atmosphere/singing allowed.

People are waaay to uptight and bothered about looking cool...stood there...arms folded...in silent.

If you don't want to join in then no ones forcing you to. 

It's not even going to be THAT orchestrated. We'll be making up our own songs, singing old ones as well, and bringing in our own flags/banners.

It's not like at Chelsea where they're all given those poo poo flags to wave. That's plastic and orchestrated. That's forced upon you.

The singing section will be doing their own thing. The only thing we need from the club is sufficient space to do it in.  

I sit in the Kop and I sing every game along with all the others that do, If people want to sing get in the Kop or the far end of the North Stand and join in with everybody else, we don't have to have a designated section for it like Huddersfield and teams like that. 

People have been watching skysports and seen palace waving their Sh*t banners and flags, and singing their rubbish songs and thought ooooh that looks good lets jump on that band wagon.

How long have Palace been doing that? I imagine it's since they got promoted and knew they would have more media exposure, because nobody ever mentioned them and a good atmosphere before that.

We don't need to be copying teams like that.

I sit in the Kop and I sing every game along with all the others that do, If people want to sing get in the Kop or the far end of the North Stand and join in with everybody else, we don't have to have a designated section for it like Huddersfield and teams like that. 

People have been watching skysports and seen palace waving their Sh*t banners and flags, and singing their rubbish songs and thought ooooh that looks good lets jump on that band wagon.

How long have Palace been doing that? I imagine it's since they got promoted and knew they would have more media exposure, because nobody ever mentioned them and a good atmosphere before that.

We don't need to be copying teams like that.

It's not a designated section for singing. You can sing anywhere. But it would be a designated section to bring flags/banners/to stand for 90 minutes. An away day atmosphere. 

Palace's section has been going for a while now, before they got promoted. Of course it's gotten more exposure since they've been promoted...but that's Sky Sports for you. 

Our most vocal supporters are too spread out at the top far corners of the Kop and North Stand.

Get them all together and in one of the bottom blocks of the Kop and it will look, and sound, spectacular. 

At the minute we have a song that pipes up for a minute...the trumpets parp over it....the song dies. If the band don't know the song they parp over it with another song. If the bands not there the ''ultras'' try to get something going at the back of the Kop...but they are SO far at the back that it poses no effect on the overall atmosphere. This is when the ''ultras'' get fed up. Put everyone together (and we'd get a good 500/1,000) and it would be loud and help the rest of the stadium in joining in.

huddersfield did this and it failed and was tinpot, im all for a better atmosphere but i don't think enough would join in

Maybe incentivise it if the club get behind it?

That's because Huddersfield fans are poo poo, did you hear them on Saturday? They've got no hope of creating a good home atmosphere if their away numbers are that appalling and they can't strike up a song between them.

We have the numbers. We just need the club to facilitate us.

When.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,."The Ultras get fed up".

.........................not very f.ookin' Ultra that Flying mate lol

I'm not part of the ''ultras'' or what every you want to call them...

They might even carry on singing. I don't know. I can't hear them.

I'm not part of the ''ultras'' or what every you want to call them...

They might even carry on singing. I don't know. I can't hear them.

Never said you were mate...I prefer them to the band...but they are too few and in the wrong place...I honestly don't sing and shout when we are playing crap and losing..I f.ookin' sulk...

Guest Grez Bez

I don't understand why anyone would be against this. Have you been to Hillsborough this season? Its depressing...

Why do people care what other teams think? Who gives poo as long as you enjoying your day.

If it works and gets some kind of atmosphere back then great, if it fails then it fails, at least someone tried rather than whining about it on here and doing nothing about it.

Its a WIN WIN situation, you mardy old b@stards ;)

I don't understand why anyone would be against this. Have you been to Hillsborough this season? Its depressing...

Why do people care what other teams think? Who gives poo as long as you enjoying your day.

If it works and gets some kind of atmosphere back then great, if it fails then it fails, at least someone tried rather than whining about it on here and doing nothing about it.

Its a WIN WIN situation, you mardy old b@stards ;)

I'm not against it....I don't honestly give a flyer...some of its a good idea....but I think the main reason is folk think the lack of atmosphere is due to other factors...that won't change with a singing section...