Singing section

Guest swintonowl1999

thats exactly what they are doin imo....like i said earlier the section shud have been designated b4 a single season ticket was sold su they wudnt have to shift anybody

I do worry that now season tickets have been sold it would create hasstle to move folk who have already brought one. i havent purchased yet but i will if this goes ahead

Guest Liam Povey

It wouldn't be that much hassle really ,i mean how many season ticket holders do you think are in that section ?

It wouldn't be that much hassle really ,i mean how many season ticket holders do you think are in that section ?

What about the ones that have brought already ? that would have brought one in the singing section.

Edited by parkerowl

Guest Liam Povey

You can move your season ticket seat at any time for free if you have already bought one you would just have to go into the ticket office and speak too them

Edited by Liam Povey

You can move your season ticket seat at any time for free if you have already bought one you would just have to go into the ticket office and speak too them

There shouldnt be a problem then i dont think, I really hope we can get this going,

Meanwhile Palace orchestrate an atmosphere with their singing section and the whole ground ends up singing, managers and commentators praising the fans as the best in the country.

Putting as many people who want to be part of an 'ultra' type group together in one area isnt the same as 'piping it in'. Its just being organised and maximising the potential of your supporters to create an atmosphere.

Different people sit around me week in and week out and don't appear to have a clue what the words are to any the songs apart from the ones that you can instantly pick up and then they seem shy to join in.

thats exactly what they are doin imo....like i said earlier the section shud have been designated b4 a single season ticket was sold su they wudnt have to shift anybody

Doesn't make a difference. People would still have the right to renew, so when told they can't it will get the same response as it will when they're asked to move after purchasing.

Edited by EcclesallOwl

It will be spontaneous though.

It's not orchestrated. It's going to be regular fans who just want an away day atmosphere every game. Join in if you want, don't join in if you don't. The singing section will carry on regardless. 

I can only see positives.

Shove everyone who wants to sing for 90 minutes together and the atmosphere will improve a ridiculous amount. At the minute we have trumpets over this way, north standers singing over that way, ''ultras'' singing up that way....I mean, we've got the numbers, our stadium is just too big for our loudest/most vocal fans to be sat apart from eachother.

It doesn't make a blind bit of difference in games such as the magnitude that the wycombe game held, cos everyones buzzing. But it does make a difference on those dreary poo poo games. We need vocal people together. Flags, banners, scarves. As ''tinpot'' as people may think that is....sometimes you have to embrace a bit of tinpottedness (that isn't a word...but...sod it)

Thing is i am one of the ones that sings and shouts at every game and sometimes i feel like a right díck as i am a lone voice, me singing makes not a jot of difference to the people around me, they just sit in silence tutting at me.

I know i am getting no where fast and please don't think i am against the idea i just cant see it making a difference to the overall atmosphere, hope i am proved wrong.

The thought of a designated singing section let alone asking for one makes me cringe, it's all very plastic. 

Would you rather it be plastic and at least have a section of 500/1000 supporters all in full voice singing from the same hymn sheet?

Or as it currently is?

If the only excuse is that "It's all very plastic" then it's clearly something that has to be very seriously considered. 

Would that be your excuse if you had a very serious injury that required some sort of surgery? "Oh I dunno, it's all very plastic..."

The thought of a designated singing section let alone asking for one makes me cringe, it's all very plastic. 

Okay then.

Let's keep it as it is. Completely silent.

How is allowing all of the more vocal members of our support to sit in one space, to allow flags and banners into that space, plastic?

We're not going to have big barriers up and say that no one else can sing unless you're in the section.

It's just the source of the atmosphere. Not the only atmosphere/singing allowed.

People are waaay to uptight and bothered about looking cool...stood there...arms folded...in silent.

If you don't want to join in then no ones forcing you to. 

It's not even going to be THAT orchestrated. We'll be making up our own songs, singing old ones as well, and bringing in our own flags/banners.

It's not like at Chelsea where they're all given those poo poo flags to wave. That's plastic and orchestrated. That's forced upon you.

The singing section will be doing their own thing. The only thing we need from the club is sufficient space to do it in.  

Edited by FlyingOwl

Thats fine, you have an opinion, your entitled to it.

Obviously you wouldnt be up for being housed the singing section should we be given one.

If you ever changed your mind, you would be welcome, simple as that really.

It wont please everyone but it will get a better atmosphere im 99% sure of it.

Would you rather it be plastic and at least have a section of 500/1000 supporters all in full voice singing from the same hymn sheet?

Or as it currently is?

If the only excuse is that "It's all very plastic" then it's clearly something that has to be very seriously considered. 

Would that be your excuse if you had a very serious injury that required some sort of surgery? "Oh I dunno, it's all very plastic..."

where the f****in hells 500 to a 1000 of yer...

av seen the ultras on a good day, there's a dozen and a half, and a 3 legged dog...

the childish comparison between a organised choir outing and someone requiring serious surgery points clearly to some of those involved in this well thought out scheme...

i do hope someone from the club is monitoring this thread to see the type person involved rates someone artificially arranging for him and his chums to sing together, as being as important as major surgery... 

if there is someone from the club looking in, i'd like to suggest that they be placed at the front, so adults can keep an eye on them...

av seen the ultras on a good day, there's a dozen and a half, and a 3 legged dog...

the childish comparison between a organised choir outing and someone requiring serious surgery points clearly to some of those involved in this well thought out scheme...

i do hope someone from the club is monitoring this thread to see the type person involved rates someone artificially arranging for him and his chums to sing together, as being as important as major surgery... 

if there is someone from the club looking in, i'd like to suggest that they be placed at the front, so adults can keep an eye on them...

tumblr_inline_mubepo6iN21qhkzpz.jpg

Okay then.

Let's keep it as it is. Completely silent.

How is allowing all of the more vocal members of our support to sit in one space, to allow flags and banners into that space, plastic?

We're not going to have big barriers up and say that no one else can sing unless you're in the section.

It's just the source of the atmosphere. Not the only atmosphere/singing allowed.

People are waaay to uptight and bothered about looking cool...stood there...arms folded...in silent.

If you don't want to join in then no ones forcing you to. 

It's not even going to be THAT orchestrated. We'll be making up our own songs, singing old ones as well, and bringing in our own flags/banners.

It's not like at Chelsea where they're all given those poo poo flags to wave. That's plastic and orchestrated. That's forced upon you.

The singing section will be doing their own thing. The only thing we need from the club is sufficient space to do it in.  

who says your having flags and banners??????

and the club cannot, and will not tell the stewards to let you stand...

If the club advertized it as a singing section on the website and social media it would pick a few numbers up i think, i really do, maybe not straight away but within a few month's i think it would get quite busy

What about the people spread around the ground. People from the North Stand who abandoned the Kop due to the band. 

I don't sit at the back of the Kop, I sit quite close to the front due to my detest for the band. I know loads who are in the same boat as me, won't sit near the back due to one reason or another but would be well up for a proper section to stand and sing in. Like Palace's.

You seem really hung up on this singing section. Why are you so against it? lol

It wouldn't be an overnight thing. But gradually the section would grow.

you STUDENT... WTF:

Oh, sorry you actually wanted me to elaborate on why you're wrong?

"where the f****in hells 500 to a 1000 of yer...

av seen the ultras on a good day, there's a dozen and a half, and a 3 legged dog..."

Well one can make the assumption that a singing "section" would involve about a block or so. Now while obviously the "ultras" or whatever they want to call themselves would be the first to sign up, I'm sure many others would be interested in joining such a section. Considering that on away days we supposedly (I've never been to an away game... not a real fan innit!) have 2000+ creating an atmosphere, I would imagine that at home games we'd have enough interest to at least fill a block. Someone else will be able to tell me how big a "block" is on the kop, but I'm fairly certain my educated guess of 500-1000 is a good ballpark figure? Or am I incorrect and our away support is much like our home support- almost silent for 90 minutes

Also, what's the "yer" business? I'd have no interest in joining the singing block personally, I'm enjoying my cheap tickets through my STUDENT union, and I can't imagine them wanting STUDENTs in that section. But I'll happily join in if chanting started, as would most others as I alluded to.

"the childish comparison between a organised choir outing and someone requiring serious surgery points clearly to some of those involved in this well thought out scheme..."

I appreciate the subtle differences between a comparison and an analogy can leave some people confused. You seem to have found yourself falling for that mistake. I was making an analogy that if something is wrong and a solution would seem "plastic", you'd still take that solution in the vast majority of cases, such as requiring surgery. 

"i do hope someone from the club is monitoring this thread to see the type person involved rates someone artificially arranging for him and his chums to sing together, as being as important as major surgery... "

Again, it was an analogy and I clearly didn't suggest that it was as important as, you've come to that conclusion when it wasn't even implied. And again, I have zero interest in joining the singing section because I am a STUDENT who gets cheaper tickets to sit elsewhere in the ground. Dirty STUDENTs.

"if there is someone from the club looking in, i'd like to suggest that they be placed at the front, so adults can keep an eye on them..."

I agree, I think the front of the kop would be the most acoustically effective position

Oh, sorry you actually wanted me to elaborate on why you're wrong?

"where the f****in hells 500 to a 1000 of yer...

av seen the ultras on a good day, there's a dozen and a half, and a 3 legged dog..."

Well one can make the assumption that a singing "section" would involve about a block or so. Now while obviously the "ultras" or whatever they want to call themselves would be the first to sign up, I'm sure many others would be interested in joining such a section. Considering that on away days we supposedly (I've never been to an away game... not a real fan innit!) have 2000+ creating an atmosphere, I would imagine that at home games we'd have enough interest to at least fill a block. Someone else will be able to tell me how big a "block" is on the kop, but I'm fairly certain my educated guess of 500-1000 is a good ballpark figure? Or am I incorrect and our away support is much like our home support- almost silent for 90 minutes

Also, what's the "yer" business? I'd have no interest in joining the singing block personally, I'm enjoying my cheap tickets through my STUDENT union, and I can't imagine them wanting STUDENTs in that section. But I'll happily join in if chanting started, as would most others as I alluded to.

"the childish comparison between a organised choir outing and someone requiring serious surgery points clearly to some of those involved in this well thought out scheme..."

I appreciate the subtle differences between a comparison and an analogy can leave some people confused. You seem to have found yourself falling for that mistake. I was making an analogy that if something is wrong and a solution would seem "plastic", you'd still take that solution in the vast majority of cases, such as requiring surgery. 

"i do hope someone from the club is monitoring this thread to see the type person involved rates someone artificially arranging for him and his chums to sing together, as being as important as major surgery... "

Again, it was an analogy and I clearly didn't suggest that it was as important as, you've come to that conclusion when it wasn't even implied. And again, I have zero interest in joining the singing section because I am a STUDENT who gets cheaper tickets to sit elsewhere in the ground. Dirty STUDENTs.

"if there is someone from the club looking in, i'd like to suggest that they be placed at the front, so adults can keep an eye on them..."

I agree, I think the front of the kop would be the most acoustically effective position

Do you go Hallam or Sheffield Uni?

Just asking because of the reference to getting tickets through the student union. I'm in my 2nd year at Hallam and remember going the the hub last year and they had a cardboard cut out of Rodri advertising cheap Wednesday tickets. Made me chuckle....Rodri only played a few games for us...the season before that year lol