Singing section

Guest swintonowl1999

I was at the Malaga-real sociedad game last night.

As far as I could gather 2 sects of supporters who are more your vocal 'ultra' types.

El frente Bokeron and El Malaga Hinchas.

Frente Bokeron are in their section directly behind one goal. Got a drummer, plenty of singing.

The other group sing like nutters. Apparently last season they were higher up in one of the corners but got asked to move by the club. Now they're behind the other goal in their own little pen.

There's a mic at the front and a couple of speakers set. Seemed to be 2 lads who were basically there to get the other fans going singing songs etc.

It worked really well and they didn't stop even after sociedad equalised.

Potentially we could have a similar set up. We tend to see the kop/North corner split as a bad thing it could actually work to our advantage if organised better. Getting some 'call and response' chants going etc.

Really think the bottom of the Kop should be made into a singing section, few flags etc.

This season has been terrible for atmosphere and form at home whilst away has been a different story. Get a bit of that away fervour going at home and I reckon we'll get more out of the players.

Edited by sharrowowl

Guest George Smith

We'll never have a singing section anywhere in the ground 'till we have enough supporters wanting to sing.

We'll  never have enough supporters wanting to sing 'till we have something to sing about!

Doesn't sound like a drum.....but sounds very much like a nail being hit on the head.................

Only need about 50 committed fans and it'll create a racket

I tried to organise a line dancing section on the north concourse but I couldn't raise the numbers,so I can't see the idea of a singing section catching on . UTO

Take yer partner do's e doh

up the ramp an' off we go

On the kop step ..two by two...

see what Sheffield Wednesday do

Stamp yer left foot, stamp yer right

hold hands wiv a Wednesdayite

sashay up on past the band

why's our pitch made outta sand?

See the team sheet...slit yer wrists..

Wednesday fans are masochists

watch the match  ,  first stamp.. then stand

thumbs in belts an'  head in hands

Edited by asteener1867

Guest Liam Povey

Wouldn't be hard to do and we all know the power of social media so why not do it start a twitter account for it and a facebook page as well as on this forum the club will only take note if it gains some ground we know where we want to do it and on the kop no where else is really suitable and its doesn't have the highest concentration of season ticket holders in that block so won't have a impact on that many people

Guest George Smith

Wouldn't be hard to do and we all know the power of social media so why not do it start a twitter account for it and a facebook page as well as on this forum the club will only take note if it gains some ground we know where we want to do it and on the kop no where else is really suitable and its doesn't have the highest concentration of season ticket holders in that block so won't have a impact on that many people

This ^^^^^^

Email the club

I have

But we need numbers

The reason the atmosphere is terrible at Hillsborough is that we have the worst attendance v capacity ratio in the league.

If you have 20k attendance in a 40 k stadium you are never going to get a big enough noise from the fans that do sing.

Singing at football matches is infectious. All the South standers, do you think they remain silent when they go to away matches? I have 8 mates with season tickets in the South, who barely manage one ' Hi Ho Sheffield Wednesday' at home but never stop at away games.

Basically, the atmosphere only improves at home if we have nearly 30k in, or if we are winning 4-0 and are prematurely celebrating.

Nothing will change this.

The reason the atmosphere is terrible at Hillsborough is that we have the worst attendance v capacity ratio in the league.

If you have 20k attendance in a 40 k stadium you are never going to get a big enough noise from the fans that do sing.

Singing at football matches is infectious. All the South standers, do you think they remain silent when they go to away matches? I have 8 mates with season tickets in the South, who barely manage one ' Hi Ho Sheffield Wednesday' at home but never stop at away games.

Basically, the atmosphere only improves at home if we have nearly 30k in, or if we are winning 4-0 and are prematurely celebrating.

Nothing will change this.

Yea you are..its acoustics...all resounding offa the hollow spaces an' stuff...sadly the football on display doesn't engender any testing of me theory........

Take yer partner do's e doh

up the ramp an' off we go

On the kop step ..two by two...

see what Sheffield Wednesday do

Stamp yer left foot, stamp yer right

hold hands wiv a Wednesdayite

sashay up on past the band

why's our pitch made outta sand?

See the team sheet...slit yer wrists..

Wednesday fans are masochists

watch the match , first stamp.. then stand

thumbs in belts an' head in hands

lol

Guest Liam Povey

I don't think the club will take note until we actually start having a impact like more season tickets in that section to be honest or maybe if we gain large followings on twitter and Facebook and actually get people talking about this singing section but emailing the club won't hert also the only problem with this idea is that we don't actually have any one to lead the social media campaign because if we did i think it would take off quicker than Semedo day to be honest and we all know how successful that was

Hillsboroughs fine when its got a decent football team..no need for bands or singing sections or owt else....

You got to get the actual product in place before you start this sort of orchestrated nonsense...then once you get a football team that actually energises the crowd..all at once you realise you didn't need any orchestrated nonsense anyhow...

Guest George Smith

Hillsboroughs fine when its got a decent football team..no need for bands or singing sections or owt else....

You got to get the actual product in place before you start this sort of orchestrated nonsense...then once you get a football team that actually energises the crowd..all at once you realise you didn't need any orchestrated nonsense anyhow...

Correct mate , get it right on the pitch and hillsborough will be rocking next season.

Yeah 

Well done guys 

We all know that but the on the pitch stuff has been poo for 15 years so do we just sit in silence for another 15 years ???

We the 12th man can make the difference

Yeah 

Well done guys 

We all know that but the on the pitch stuff has been poo for 15 years so do we just sit in silence for another 15 years ???

We the 12th man can make the difference

Yea..Sit in sodding silence...How long until Wednesday stop relying on undyiing loyalty?...

Wednesday fans have been mugs for years..."Don't bother building it...they will come anyhow"

Wycombe game...Silence?...carlisle...Silence?..Wednesday fans haven't been silent for 15 byears...They simply react to what sorta sheeite is on show...

The Atkinson era was all kneejerk happy screaming and shouting..no band,.....no singing section..but guess what?..A f.ookin' decent football team...

Your scenario is once again putting all the responsibility on the supporters....20'000 there Saturday...flipping' why?..season over, going neither up nor down..no reason to actually turn up to be honest..never mind f.ookin' singalongasheeite...

Guest George Smith

Yea..Sit in sodding silence...How long until Wednesday stop relying on undyiing loyalty?...

Wednesday fans have been mugs for years..."Don't bother building it...they will come anyhow"

Wycombe game...Silence?...carlisle...Silence?..Wednesday fans haven't been silent for 15 byears...They simply react to what sorta sheeite is on show...

The Atkinson era was all kneejerk happy screaming and shouting..no band,.....no singing section..but guess what?..A f.ookin' decent football team...

Your scenario is once again putting all the responsibility on the supporters....20'000 there Saturday...flipping' why?..season over, going neither up nor down..no reason to actually turn up to be honest..never mind f.ookin' singalongasheeite...

Oh dear ^^^^^

Guest Liam Povey

We're agreed on where to put it and this is the time too do it with our future looking so bright and season ticket renewals just finishing first phase their isn't a down side from what i can see i don't see how this can't have a positive effect on and off the pitch a improved match day experience even if we're playing bad and actually being able to get behind them when we are playing bad

Guest Liam Povey

Yes the acoustics are not the best in that block but you can still hear the tango group from the other side of the kop and they are hardly a big group also where else on the kop would be suitable and wouldn't affect a large amount of season ticket holders if not that block ? Also people are sheep if the front few rows stand all those behind them will

Edited by Liam Povey