Singing section

Guest swintonowl1999

like Liam says, if its gonna be done it has to be done NOW.

we all know from the thread on ere last week that me and many others are being moved from our ST seats due to corporate, (Grandstand)

well if you want these season ticket holders moved from lower kop section i guess its now or never...

if you want it, get on it lads.

FWIW if this gets sorted for first game of next season and the bottom half of the left hand side of the kop is decked with flags, fans, songs, drums, noise, colour, atmosphere etc, do we think mr Chansiri and his son Att will be looking on gutted or looking on happy? 

i reckon they will love it (as will the team) so get it done George & Liam, UTO

Edited by GY-owl.4

Guest Johnbloodaxe

I hate this talk about a singing section, it;s about time ALL the ground sung like we did in the dark dire days of the seventies....

We didn't talk about a singing section then, the whole kop was in full voice, well in my mind anyway...

Surely the whole ground should be a singing section.

I hate this talk about a singing section, it;s about time ALL the ground sung like we did in the dark dire days of the seventies....

We didn't talk about a singing section then, the whole kop was in full voice, well in my mind anyway...

That will teach me not to read the last posts in a thread lol

Guest Liam Povey

I kind of feel if we get this singing section in while we are not so good when we actually turn good hopefully in the not so distant future it could bring back a standing kop and unless we get assisted standing in on the kop i can't see it happening any other way even if we got too the prem and any volunteers too lead this campaign ?

The kop just doesn't have the factor anymore, it used to urge team on with fans chanting but now it just a stand for cheap prices

The footballs crap..thats the problem..its mind numbing...f.ook singing..Ive all on talkin'...

you're both correct...

you don't go on the kop at present for the atmosphere, unless you're a dreamer...

some scorching attacking play, with quality attacking options WILL fire the place up...

BUT IT NEEDS TO BE UP AND AT 'EM FROM THE START, AND NOT THE STEADY BUILD UP A HEAD OF STEAM CRAP...

AND I FEAR GRAY MAY NOT BE ABLE TO PRODUCE THAT KIND OF FOOTBALL, I HOPE I'M WRONG FOR ALL OUR SAKES, INCLUDING HIS CONTINUAL JOB PROSPECTS...

I was at the Malaga-real sociedad game last night.

As far as I could gather 2 sects of supporters who are more your vocal 'ultra' types.

El frente Bokeron and El Malaga Hinchas.

Frente Bokeron are in their section directly behind one goal. Got a drummer, plenty of singing.

The other group sing like nutters. Apparently last season they were higher up in one of the corners but got asked to move by the club. Now they're behind the other goal in their own little pen.

There's a mic at the front and a couple of speakers set. Seemed to be 2 lads who were basically there to get the other fans going singing songs etc.

It worked really well and they didn't stop even after sociedad equalised.

Potentially we could have a similar set up. We tend to see the kop/North corner split as a bad thing it could actually work to our advantage if organised better. Getting some 'call and response' chants going etc.

Really think the bottom of the Kop should be made into a singing section, few flags etc.

This season has been terrible for atmosphere and form at home whilst away has been a different story. Get a bit of that away fervour going at home and I reckon we'll get more out of the players.

olympic gold medal level of tinpot...

what next, a recording of someone else's crowd...

this makes man citeh look credible... WTF:

Guest Liam Povey

Speaking of man city they have made their own singing section for next season with the ground expansions moving away fans out of the bottom tier

Wouldn't be hard to do and we all know the power of social media so why not do it start a twitter account for it and a facebook page as well as on this forum the club will only take note if it gains some ground we know where we want to do it and on the kop no where else is really suitable and its doesn't have the highest concentration of season ticket holders in that block so won't have a impact on that many people

and what will we do with the FEW (by your measurements) who it will impact...

forcefully relocate them, as the nazi's did?

as the serbs were doing in former yugoslavia?

you can't compel people to move, you can't bully them into moving either...

then someone who won't be moved complains about swearing in the songs...and...

singing and atmosphere on the kop will return NATURALLY if and when needed...

a handful of wannabees are never going to force it's return...

it will return when sufficient numbers of vocally minded supporters CHOOSE to return...

it will return when we play with passionate attacking intent at home, and not a timid chess game developing...

hoping to scape a 1-0 from the jaws of another 0-0 draw...

at present there's nothing to sing about...

unless your in the n/w corner where you can abuse the away support...

that's why the n/w corner is popular, and the kop is not...

Speaking of man city they have made their own singing section for next season with the ground expansions moving away fans out of the bottom tier

will they be stood with their backs to the pitch in some desperate tinpot attempt to copy some polish side whose supporters realised some time ago they weren't worth watching...

it will return when sufficient numbers of vocally minded supporters CHOOSE to return...

it will return when we play with passionate attacking intent at home, and not a timid chess game developing...

Good post, absolutely bob on.

Guest WESTENDOWL

olympic gold medal level of tinpot...

what next, a recording of someone else's crowd...

this makes man citeh look credible... WTF:

Swansea years ago recorded Liverpools kop singing and played it over the tannoys at the Vetch

Haha that's priceless comparing assigning an area of the stadium as a singing section to genocide.

What about the premier league clubs who are playing free flowing attacking football but still looking into starting assigned singing areas because the stadium has become soulless?

You'll be waiting forever if you're expecting to suddenly go back to the days of yore.

Yes these things are a little contrived but sometimes to get anywhere you need a bunch of people to get together and organise.

Nowt wrong with it and should be encouraged.

Guest WESTENDOWL

Haha that's priceless comparing assigning an area of the stadium as a singing section to genocide.

What about the premier league clubs who are playing free flowing attacking football but still looking into starting assigned singing areas because the stadium has become soulless?

You'll be waiting forever if you're expecting to suddenly go back to the days of yore.

Yes these things are a little contrived but sometimes to get anywhere you need a bunch of people to get together and organise.

Nowt wrong with it and should be encouraged.

Just make a section of the kop unreserved that would allow like minded people to sit together

singing section???

isn't that a choir?

maybe they could all have a badge to wear saying CHOIR on it, like the prefects at school...

anybody remember when sportsnight had that kop choir competition (think it was back in the early 70's)...

toytown won it with liverpool's massive following finishing nowhere to be seen, that was another tinpot jobbie...

Just make a section of the kop unreserved that would allow like minded people to sit together

but that unreserved area you talk of just may have people who renew their season tickets year on year...

why would any same business want to sh*t on it's backers 'cos some johnny come lately wants his seat.?

Swansea years ago recorded Liverpools kop singing and played it over the tannoys at the Vetch

EXACTLY, thank you...

excellent example of TINPOT...

I kind of feel if we get this singing section in while we are not so good when we actually turn good hopefully in the not so distant future it could bring back a standing kop and unless we get assisted standing in on the kop i can't see it happening any other way even if we got too the prem and any volunteers too lead this campaign ?

standing at hillsborough won't be introduced in my lifetime...

and maybe not yours either...

it will be one of the last grounds in the land to do so...

AND WHY WOULD THE CLUB WANT TO PAY FOR ALTERATIONS TO THE GROUND, TO EXTRACT LESS GATE MONEY FOR STANDING THAN FOR SITTING...

some have absolutely no concept of how to run a business...

Guest WESTENDOWL

but that unreserved area you talk of just may have people who renew their season tickets year on year...

why would any same business want to sh*t on it's backers 'cos some johnny come lately wants his seat.?

EXACTLY, thank you...

excellent example of TINPOT...

Fair enough but the johnny come lately maybe just the backers of tomorrow

I agree with the first half of your post but disagree with the second half.

I agree that you can't force people to move so the OP's post about everyone buying tickets in the block next to tangos is stupid. If a singing/standing section was to happen it'd have to be organised by the club.

Singing and atmopshere will return when we play good football, I agree with that.

But atmosphere isn't exclusive to teams who are playing good football/doing well.

It can be done, even when teams are playing badly.

That's why a singing section is being requested, so those who want to sing and create an atmosphere...even if we're playing poo poo...can do so in one space.

And then when we are playing well, atmosphere will take a step up. But the singing section will mean that there will always be something happening....they'll always be singing. And it will be visible and audible if it's at the bottom corner of the Kop.

Also, we were in play off position for the majority of the league one season. The atmosphere was only really good for the derbies, the final moments of the carlisle game and the Wycombe game. 

The people asking for a singing section are asking to take part and contribute to an electric atmosphere for 90 minutes. Flags, banners, constant singing. 

It's not that atmosphere would be exclusive to the singing section. It's where the source of the atmosphere would come from. It's been constantly flat at Hillsborough this season. Even when we've played well, even after we've scored....it's been flat. We have two sections of vocal supporters, top corner of the Kop and top corner of the North Stand. 

I am baffled that anyone would be against this. Of course, entertaining football would help matters. But atmosphere is not exclusive to entertaining football. It just requires a bit of patience, organisation and cooperation from the club and fans.