Singing section

Guest swintonowl1999

Guest Liam Povey

I think as well this singing section should keep the old songs going as well as adding new ones to the mix not one or the other like palace only seem to use european songs now i wouldn't want us to get like that

I think as well this singing section should keep the old songs going as well as adding new ones to the mix not one or the other like palace only seem to use european songs now i wouldn't want us to get like that

I don't know, Palace seem to create an atmosphere akin to a good away day, that surely can't be bad? When I'm in Spain, I go to Malaga home games and they create a similar noise. Rather that, than what we currently have at Hillsborough

Guest Liam Povey

True would be better than what we have now but you know don't what to forget the songs we have now with a bunch that have hardly have any words

Guest George Smith

Nice one mate have you mentioned standing in yours?

Yes

The club are worried about having the section at the front because of people behind but if this is done now I reckon we can fill the full section up to the crease/walkway that splits the kop. So nobody would be inconvinienced

The problem with having a "Singing Section" is it implies you cant join in unless you are in it.

Course it doesn't.

It would just be the source of the atmosphere. Selhurst Park was rocking last night. Their singing section got it going and then everyone else joined in.

Guest George Smith

The problem with having a "Singing Section" is it implies you cant join in unless you are in it.

Don't think so like flying says it might be the source but to be honest we would have 3 sources then. The singing section,the back of the Kop and the NW

All with people in between joining in

Edited by George Smith

Course it doesn't.

It would just be the source of the atmosphere. Selhurst Park was rocking last night. Their singing section got it going and then everyone else joined in.

Look i'm not in anyway against it, being able to hear a pin drop is no good for the soul at a football ground but Its hard enough getting people to sing now without making it look like you need to be sat in a specific section to join in. I've always stood/sat on the kop because it is "the noisy bit". When i first ever took my missus i played it safe and took her in the south stand (ooer) and she just kept saying i want to be over there where it is noisy, hallelujah, let me get out of here where i am scorned at if i even raise my voice.

If you are trying to orchestrate an atmosphere we might as well go back to piping it in, it should be spontaneous and no matter what you do while the football is mediocre the atmosphere is going to be like it is.

If you are trying to orchestrate an atmosphere we might as well go back to piping it in, it should be spontaneous and no matter what you do while the football is mediocre the atmosphere is going to be like it is.

Meanwhile Palace orchestrate an atmosphere with their singing section and the whole ground ends up singing, managers and commentators praising the fans as the best in the country.

Putting as many people who want to be part of an 'ultra' type group together in one area isnt the same as 'piping it in'. Its just being organised and maximising the potential of your supporters to create an atmosphere.

Look i'm not in anyway against it, being able to hear a pin drop is no good for the soul at a football ground but Its hard enough getting people to sing now without making it look like you need to be sat in a specific section to join in. I've always stood/sat on the kop because it is "the noisy bit". When i first ever took my missus i played it safe and took her in the south stand (ooer) and she just kept saying i want to be over there where it is noisy, hallelujah, let me get out of here where i am scorned at if i even raise my voice.

It will be spontaneous though.

It's not orchestrated. It's going to be regular fans who just want an away day atmosphere every game. Join in if you want, don't join in if you don't. The singing section will carry on regardless. 

I can only see positives.

Shove everyone who wants to sing for 90 minutes together and the atmosphere will improve a ridiculous amount. At the minute we have trumpets over this way, north standers singing over that way, ''ultras'' singing up that way....I mean, we've got the numbers, our stadium is just too big for our loudest/most vocal fans to be sat apart from eachother.

It doesn't make a blind bit of difference in games such as the magnitude that the wycombe game held, cos everyones buzzing. But it does make a difference on those dreary poo poo games. We need vocal people together. Flags, banners, scarves. As ''tinpot'' as people may think that is....sometimes you have to embrace a bit of tinpottedness (that isn't a word...but...sod it)

Edited by FlyingOwl

Guest Iron Hunter

Any moves you like. I'm more of a slow dance man my myself.

I tried to get people involved at the Blackburn game on the North at half time, there was about a dozen of us throwing down some shapes when 2 Unlimited came on.

Was it you and your mates doing the "David Brent" on the North for the Cardiff game during Milan's speech?