Sign a f@ckin striker

Ledesma going to brighton, didn't pull any trees up at rotherham but he's better than any of our pathetic options out wide

Edited by S6owl_1867

Guest totemowl

am i the one crying for more more more players now now now?

nah i dint think so, only need to read the thread to realise who's toys are out the pram lol

You want us to put up with what we've got and use that as a measure of what we can do and need to do. To those who believe that a winning mentality needs to be developed and ingrained, that's like stagnating.

Succesful businesses don't stagnate while they plan for the future. They plan, they try things out, so that when they're ready to launch they know exactly how they're going to succeed. They don't rely on guesswork.

But when you see an argument that you can't win, you throw a tantrum and dismiss the class!!! WTF:

Edited by totemowl

You want us to put up with what we've got and use that as a measure of what we can do and need to do. To those who believe that a winning mentality needs to be developed and ingrained, that's like stagnating.

Succesful businesses don't stagnate while they plan for the future. They plan, they try things out, so that when they're ready to launch they know exactly how they're going to succeed. They don't rely on guesswork.

But when you see an argument that you can't win, you throw a tantrum and dismiss the class!!! WTF:

put up with what weve got!!.. ill repeat what ive already posted.... weve been in the top 10 for 9/10ths of the season,

stagnate!! were in champ next year whether we blow loads on your fifa team this season or we dont, 

successful businesses wont try things out they never gonna get to use though will they, only if its beneficial long term.

tantrum? no tantrum, i merely remembered the Carl Froch quote re George Groves....

something along the lines of 'wasting your time talking to stupid'

Guest wilyfox

Rather strange that someone would campaign against signings that might improve us for the remaining 1/3 of the season. Anyone we get has the chance to audition for a move here next season. If the owners want to spend and Gray can get someone suitable, what's the problem? It might lift morale, enhance Gray's prospects, give the fans some goals to cheer. No negatives amongst that lot.

Rather strange that someone would campaign against signings that might improve us for the remaining 1/3 of the season. Anyone we get has the chance to audition for a move here next season. If the owners want to spend and Gray can get someone suitable, what's the problem? It might lift morale, enhance Gray's prospects, give the fans some goals to cheer. No negatives amongst that lot.

If we have no chance of getting them next season, there's no point. Realistically, we might finish just below play offs, best case. Is it really worth blowing a wad of cash that could be used on a summer (permanent) signing?

I'm guessing baker was signed when it looked like we wouldn't get mcgugan. Keane is possibly one we were looking at with a view to taking next season on a full year loan. Bus is another longer term potential rough diamond, like may.

Not the answer right now? Maybe.

Guest wilyfox

If we have no chance of getting them next season, there's no point.

Without knowing who it might be, how can you say? If we can bring in a winger able to provide a creative spark, it's a chance to size each other up. Likewise, an experienced striker to complement our young group. Antonio's loan is an example, Helan's another..

Edited by wilyfox

i aint got a problem if they are signings with a view to a permanent move, not at all, but if so why is Lambert being mentioned cos that aint happening is it. 

i want to get promoted next year, and the best chance of that happening is to know what we have & know what we need, 

we have keane on loan, who seems to always play, who stated in an IV last week (RS) that he wants to go back an try play for manUs first team Next year, so half our strikeforce being used doesnt want to be here next year...  buy another an we could have 4 of our strikers sat on their backsides learning sweet FA.

what have people seen in Bus in about 100 minutes of football for this thread to even be created let alone be at 20 pages!

So which expert knows Bus aint good enough? knows wood/blunt/lambert etc etc is better than Bus? does anyone know this?

cos i dont, but id like to find out! 

else wont we have to use next season to see if they any good or not?

were all just gonna have to agree to disagree, cos i think ive made my points clear as day and theres nowt else i can really add.

Fair play other fans wanna see things click now, so do i, but not with short term solutions.

i aint got a problem if they are signings with a view to a permanent move, not at all, but if so why is Lambert being mentioned cos that aint happening is it. 

i want to get promoted next year, and the best chance of that happening is to know what we have & know what we need, 

we have keane on loan, who seems to always play, who stated in an IV last week (RS) that he wants to go back an try play for manUs first team Next year, so half our strikeforce being used doesnt want to be here next year...  buy another an we could have 4 of our strikers sat on their backsides learning sweet FA.

what have people seen in Bus in about 100 minutes of football for this thread to even be created let alone be at 20 pages!

So which expert knows Bus aint good enough? knows wood/blunt/lambert etc etc is better than Bus? does anyone know this?

cos i dont, but id like to find out! 

else wont we have to use next season to see if they any good or not?

were all just gonna have to agree to disagree, cos i think ive made my points clear as day and theres nowt else i can really add.

Fair play other fans wanna see things click now, so do i, but not with short term solutions.

I can see where you are coming from GY Owl. 

And I do agree, we have to give our players time if they are to fulfill why we brought them in the first place.  

Some fans say we need signings right now, maybe a winger but other than that, we have plenty of cover in those areas.  

I do think we need to be a bit patient, before we start making loads more signings which I don't think is a good thing right now given all the changes the past month and a half.  

Bus, I have hopes for, was unlucky not to score with that header last game, showed great technique though to get that ball on target.  

Time will tell though, how all this will unfold. 

A winger is all I want right now. My stance hasn't shifted from that. Anything over and above would be a bonus, but winger is a must.

me too, and tbh i wouldnt even care if the WINGER was a short term fix!!

that may sound like im contradicting myself, but not, because a class winger will help us to see what our four 22y/old strikers can really do. 

besides, we currently HAVE NO WINGERS so its not as if said signing would stop us from looking at our own!

unless you put stobbs in that category i suppose...

Without knowing who it might be, how can you say? If we can bring in a winger able to provide a creative spark, it's a chance to size each other up. Likewise, an experienced striker to complement our young group. Antonio's loan is an example, Helan's another..

...that's my point.. If we have no chance of signing them again next season, there is no point bringing anybody else in.

But, whether we have a chance of signing them or not, without that winger, how can we judge the forwards we have? Nothing I've seen indicates an upturn in fortunes So if things stay as they are, and the forwards continue to flounder, do we consign them to the scrap heap?

I'm not saying I would turn down the loan move of another striker, but who are we realistically going to bring in thats better than what we've got? Will Keane was very average and personally I would have rather given Madine the run of games he had, I see that as a wasted opportunity and I hate it when our own talent gets shunned for some young "promising" loanee from the PL.

Yes, our strikers need to be more clinical, and Nuhiu and May both should be on double figures by now, but we simply do not create enough chances. The quality of our final ball is very poor at times, and often chances we create are players like Maguire,Nuhiu and May working something out of nothing. And then everyone decides to slate whoever misses the one chance we created. With Drenthe in the team you could see he had real quality, always looking for that killer ball and to make something happen. If we're creating clear cut chances every game and then our strikers are missing sitters we should be very worried, but we're not.

Edited by Del_Liles

But, whether we have a chance of signing them or not, without that winger, how can we judge the forwards we have?

Nothing I've seen indicates an upturn in fortunes So if things stay as they are, and the forwards continue to flounder, do we consign them to the scrap heap?

i guess you gotta judge on what you see, regardless of the set up...

its up to the strikers to score regardless of how the assist comes to them. 

but re your 2nd line,

you continue to debate without reading some of the posts? sorry to repeat, but what about Bus? 

with only 100 mins under his belt he hasnt had a downturn in fortune, nor is he floundering,

May & Nuhius biggest fault hasnt been their general play, more their finishing, that can be a confidence thing, its doubtful were gonna give up on May after 1 season of a four year contract, so we gotta persevere aint we? mid table with only 15 games left seems the most ideal time to to do it. 

im just trying to look at the bigger picture

and over the next 2 seasons (including this one) i would prefer to finish 17th then 4th as opposed to 10th then 9th.... 

my point being - we can hit the start of the season hard if we know what were doing, but could miss out on the play-offs if we spend the first 3 months of the season trying to find the right strike pairing!

I'm not saying I would turn down the loan move of another striker, but who are we realistically going to bring in thats better than what we've got? Will Keane was very average and personally I would have rather given Madine the run of games he had, I see that as a wasted opportunity and I hate it when our own talent gets shunned for some young "promising" loanee from the PL.

Yes, our strikers need to be more clinical, and Nuhiu and May both should be on double figures by now, but we simply do not create enough chances. The quality of our final ball is very poor at times, and often chances we create are players like Maguire,Nuhiu and May working something out of nothing. And then everyone decides to slate whoever misses the one chance we created. With Drenthe in the team you could see he had real quality, always looking for that killer ball and to make something happen. If we're creating clear cut chances every game and then our strikers are missing sitters we should be very worried, but we're not.

Madine has zero chance of being a Wednesday player next season, so there's probably more point playing Keane (assuming we were looking to get him next year too) Than madine.

It'd be interesting to see how we'd have done with a full compliment of strikers since summer.

Nuhiu - settled in now, never going to be prolific but does a job

lavery - injured pre season, only just back playing

madine - not wanted, had we the options available I doubt he'd have been here at all

may - young and moved down from Scotland, which is a very different league, to a team that play very differently.

Bus - only just signed, will need time to adjust

Keane - out injured for a large chunk of the year, minimal first team experience

Arguably, three of our strikers were short of fitness to really be effective this season. The only one actually settled, fit and acclimatised was Nuhiu.