Good Bye Mr Gray

Good managers don't need to rely on transfer fees and big wages

Because Arsenal consistently do better than Chelsea in the Premier League? Money talks.

I think we have a small squad. But what we have is actually ok. Certainly a decent one by our standards but lacking in key areas.

It's like a fantasy team that's spunked all of its money on one part of team then had to fill up the last places with players from Burnley.

so it's Grays fault is that what you saying.

Gray wants class players in now and Milan won't fund it.

Every manager wants class players.

Whats your point?

Gray is the gaffer down at S6, for some reason people are totally oblivious to the responsibilities he knows are his.

He isn't doing his job well, I don't want him sacked but don't want him to continue with his head in the sand.

i keep saying this maybe they were happy where they were ,maybe the finanacial package wernt what they wanted .as anyone else gone out and signed them .....you keep saying gray hasnt done enough to sign a striker and i´ll ask again who´s he missed out on ......assomblonga ,matt derbyshire ,matty fryatt,cog ....tell me. ..... i´ll give you one as a starter benik afobe and if we had signed him in the summer this site would have gone in meltdown saying he was crap and how would we crave for someone who scored as many as he as this season .

Difficult to say who he's missed out on without knowing the players we've been in for. The problem is, our need is greater than most, as I said, we're not looking for the icing on the cake. We looked woefully short up front after our summers recruitment and we've supposedly been bringing someone in ever since. Plenty of players who could have done a job for us, have joined Championship clubs. I'm not talking about the likes of Assombolonga, purely frees and loans. As for Benik Afobe, I championed him on here, he had the raw talent and the sort of pace that always gave him a chance.

yeah they can just sign world beaters like on FM

Because Arsenal consistently do better than Chelsea in the Premier League? Money talks.

I think we have a small squad. But what we have is actually ok. Certainly a decent one by our standards but lacking in key areas.

It's like a fantasy team that's spunked all of its money on one part of team then had to fill up the last places with players from Burnley.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28298701

Who Dave Jones ?

The manager who got us promotion and then continued to improve our fortunes ?

What point are you trying to make?

Jones did a fantastic job in League One and when we were new to the Championship he started well. He then undid his good work by changing the system and having a loan player who was poo play all the time regardless. We were appalling under him last season.

Unfortunately it seems Gray's time in charge is starting to follow the same path. great start but has become too cautious after a couple of set backs and we now seem bogged down by playing not to lose rather than to win, especially at home.

The 2nd half last weekend was encouraging but if we don't get a result on Saturday the 3 games following that don't look like offering much to look forward to.

Gray deserves time IMO, he's done a great job with what he's had. We are struggling because with us sat in 13th the man upstairs doesn't feel the urgency or pressure to bring in that next level loan player such as a Connor Wickham or a Matt Fryatt. I very much doubt anyone could have done a great deal more with the tools Gray's been given.

There should be a rule which means no manager can be sacked during the season. Football would be so much better for it.

So many clubs just go around in circles it beggars belief that anybody can suggest Gray will lose his job.

he tried to get players, the players didnt want to come , the same players havnt gone anywhere else (as far as i´m aware).just maybe they are happy where they are .perhaps if we´d have made it financially attractive to them they would have but thats down to mandaric not gray .....i dont see what else he could have done in regards to this window if you have a  suggestion what he could have done different or what players he should have got i´d be interested

It's xmas and new year, players who are not playing will think fc k it i'm going to have xmas at home for a change, instead of living out of a hotel for a month over the festive season.

Guest Gershwin

Not at all convinced by this “Good Bye Mr Gray†sentiment, nor that there’s an “Inevitable conclusion now loomingâ€. What exactly has Stuart Gray done wrong? Has anyone picked up signals from Hillsborough’s boardroom than SG’s days are numbered?

The only person who can sack Stuart Gray is the chairman. MM doesn’t discuss these matters with fans, but I’d have thought he would look at SG’s position pretty dispassionately.

On the plus side, it would be hard for MM not to conclude that 13th in the league with a modest squad was acceptable. Add in superb defensive record and some fine performances that have, unluckily, led only to draws. Also on the plus side, SG presides over no dressing room bust-ups or players getting into trouble away from the ground. All seems settled below decks. Finally, the fans keep turning up and there’s no real life (as opposed to cyber life) sign of supporters boycotting Hillsborough. Lot of pluses.

Set against this the chairman will be unhappy at the number of draws and the lack of scoring. It’s MM’s role to weight up the pluses and negatives of keeping SG as manager.

Right now, it’s hard to see the negatives outweighing the positives. Not sure there’s anything remotely ‘inevitable’ about SG being shown the door in the very near future. Things change, and football’s a results driven industry, but doubt SG’s on his way out at the moment.

When MM first took over a Leicester fan came on here & said something to the effect of "He's ok, he saved us in our hour of need but he never delivers on his promises. Every summer or prior to every transfer window he'd say we're going to sign "X" number of players but they never did". He's continued in the same vein here, I don't know why so many of you are suddenly surprised.

Agree, after their promotion back to the championship LC were going nowhere fast before their takeover, exactly the same situation here, hopefully he'll find a buyer or  investor soon.