westwood

Guest Tricky111

It has to go down as one of Earth's great mysteries that we managed to sign him in the summer. He's far, far too good for us.

Yes this,I think he must have been blindfolded or something. Best keeper we have had in a decade.(or perhaps even longer,Pressman,maybe Woods? I think he is probably better than those two?)

Guest tha_knows

We need to keep this keeper it is that simple.

Selling should not be an option.

This, never mind this if they offer x amount for him, we need to build a squad not keep dismantling it. Westwood and Lees have been absolutely quality.

Anything north of 2 million pound then we should cash in. Kirkland is a more than a capable No1 (not as good as Westwood mind) but the potential to splash the cash on new outfield recruits outweighs the benefits of keeping Westwood.

Do you realise how much he's actually worth? These days players of his ability go for at least double this figure. I don't agree with it but from premier league tv money and foreign investment transfer fees are hugely inflated and if we sell we should be cashing in as virtually every other team does. Too many of our fans (like our board) are stuck in the 90s when it come to transfer fees

Don't think I have seen a keeper in nearly 30 years of watching the club have a better season than he is having.

Westwood is having a great season, but I would say that Martin Hodge & Pressman were better in the last 30 years......would still want min 5 million for him though

Edited by hasthagotanycheese

We need to keep this keeper it is that simple.

Selling should not be an option.

Selling absolutely should be an option.

As much as anything else in the last 15 years it has been Wednesday's inability to sell players at the right time which had contributed to the mediocre performance. Selling players at the right price is a key part of football.

The question which has to be asked is whether Westwood will ever have a higher value? If not, and a good offer comes in, then sell.

Edited by kobayashi

Selling free signings and players is something wednesday have been crap at.

Should have sold Athe when derby bid for him. Should also sell Westwood if we get a decent bid. No questions. Selling players for profit that we have signed for free easy money.

Selling free signings and players is something wednesday have been crap at.

Should have sold Athe when derby bid for him. Should also sell Westwood if we get a decent bid. No questions. Selling players for profit that we have signed for free easy money.

I agree, it is a mystery why we aren't very good at selling or locking down sell on clauses, selling and getting back on loan etc.

Sadly I agree, we need to get coin for Westwood and it'll no doubt be the first offer that comes along. We are desperate for cash.

I think he's been excellent for us. But Westwood alone won't stave of a possible relegation given our points form in last 10 games. The form guide says it all. Lucky if we finish any higher than 20th at this rate. Keeping Westwood won't help us.

how the flip will keeping westwood 'not help us'

Well, I suppose one reason is in my post. Current form guide has us sitting in the bottom three, and this is with Westwood on the playing staff.

How can selling him not help us you ask? OK, in an ideal world you would keep him, but to get out of the bottom three, based on form, we need a poo poo load of goals and better stuff from the forwards. Westwood can't help that, not unless he can ping a goal straight May's feet in the 6 yard box? I'm pretty sure Westwood can't deliver that type pass consistently - that is the job of the midfield and forwards.

Ironically, you are self titled 'the realist'. I think our current form is pretty flipping real if you ask me and Westwood ain't gonna bag us a flipping hatrick in the foreseeable future is he? So I would agree with those who would wish to sell him for as much as possible...

...then we could buy Ben Marshall lol

If you have wednesday player, watch the interview with Gray where he is asked if we are going to keep him.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it but the initial look in his eyes before he dodges the question didn't fill me with confidence lol

Edited by Bluesteel