Steve Bracknall's Sunday League

Marvellous stuff!!!!.................absolutely pitch perfect , and to anyone who,s been there you cant help but love it.

I,ve played to 7th tier standard when i was younger but also had many happy years with my mates doing exactly this every sunday.

I think the ones that dont "get it" have probably never played the game................or maybe they are the ones who were always the Sub :biggrin:

Marvellous stuff!!!!.................absolutely pitch perfect , and to anyone who,s been there you cant help but love it.

I,ve played to 7th tier standard when i was younger but also had many happy years with my mates doing exactly this every sunday.

I think the ones that dont "get it" have probably never played the game................or maybe they are the ones who were always the Sub :biggrin:

Just to add......whilst we might have had a dressing room to sit in and more staff milling about , the team talks at 7th tier were STILL pretty much the same..................just a case of all the gear , no idea.

Who's got tape for t'nets?

Podgey's used last up for his shinnies.

The dozey tvvat.

Get everyone's shoe laces, we'll have to use them.

Where's step ladders?

Cookey borrowed em to do some decorating

Where is he?

Tha'll not see him today, he were still bladdered at 4 this morning.

Foooooooo0k, get on me shoulders.

Edited by theowlsman

Who's got tape for t'nets?

Podgey's used last up for his shinnies.

The dozey tvvat.

Get everyone's shoe laces, we'll have to use them.

Where's step ladders?

Cookey borrowed em to do some decorating

Where is he?

Tha'll not see him today, he were still bladdered at 4 this morning.

Foooooooo0k, get on me shoulders.

Is this a sneak preview for Episode#2 and are are you writing the scripts for these as well as ghost-writing for Biggsy?

lol

Is this a sneak preview for Episode#2 and are are you writing the scripts for these as well as ghost-writing for Biggsy?

lol

Fooooooook me, look at ref's glasses, they're like jam jar bottoms, and he must be 80.

Dint get a ref at all last week, what tha complaining abaht?

What if he keels o'er and croaks it?

Well, we're not abandoning the game, we need to play this lot while they're sheeeeite. We'll just ring an ambulance and they can sort him. Best thing that could 'appen anyhow, we wunt have to pay his fee.

90 mins later after a 14-0 defeat................

Foooooooo0k me, if that's them when they're sheeeeite, I'm glad I won't be playing em when they're good. Fooooooooking referee was bent n all. Would only a been 11-0 if he'd not gin them three penalties. Trust us to have the only blind, bent, 100 year old ref. he were like a cross between Young Mr Grace and Mr Magoo. Cooont weren't even gracious enough to die on t'pitch.

Come on lads, lets have yer subs........

Fooooooook off, I'm signing for t'Legion Club next week, they have strippers in t'clubhouse on Sunday lunch.

I used to play with half the BBC. They only played so they could have a fight every week. It was like the bloody Alamo, it were 11 a side fisticuffs in one match and the match was abandoned. As their bloke was reffing though, the abandonment never got reported, it got reported as a 1-1 draw.

We settled for that, as it was the first point we'd picked up for 6 weeks.

lol