We're losing the fans

Its not all about winning or going up, its also about entertainment.

Have a go, get the crowd going, whip some crosses in.Lose a few games but win a few.

Or play it safe and finish 12th,looks nice to the table gazers but boring as hell.

The club has to get try and get the fans going again.I know loads of people who only go 4 or 5 times a season,i know many who haven't been for 4 or 5 years.

They love the club but just don't feel compelled to go much anymore.

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Have a go, get the crowd going, whip some crosses in.Lose a few games but win a few.

Or play it safe and finish 12th,looks nice to the table gazers but boring as hell.

The club has to get try and get the fans going again.I know loads of people who only go 4 or 5 times a season,i know many who haven't been for 4 or 5 years.

Good the less whingers at the club the better, I get bored of listening to people crying into their bovril because Maghoma cut inside for a shot instead of playing a cross.

this sums it up for me.

Much cheaper and warmer ways to be entertained.

Its the same here with HJK, i can go for free to most matches due to contacts but my god the entertainment on offer most games is awful so i just give it a miss. Guess it would be different if it was SWFC, a team i love.

All that proves is you can fill the Kop if you go on a good run and charge a third for tickets

yes attendances would increase but dont think they would long term.

You have a large % of the over 35year old fan base who just dont go anymore. Memories of the 90s are still there plus many now have families and other financial commitments.

Then on the flip side we are pricing kids out with silly price increases.

Its a problem from all angles bar the young 20 year old-ish lads who are probably the ones with the most disposable income or least pressure on where to spend their money.

Edited by modboy

Guest Mancunian_Owl

All that proves is you can fill the Kop if you go on a good run and charge a third for tickets

Wait what?

That was only a month ago, are you really that Fickle?

In fact don't answer that.

Time for me to JetPack outta this thread

tumblr_krulmiyMXo1qzvqipo1_500.jpg

It shocks me when people say the atmosphere at the Reading game was brilliant. That game was the first time I took my missus with me to a game and despite us winning, I apologised to her for how rubbish the atmosphere was. Seems our standards have dropped to a new level of low

It shocks me when people say the atmosphere at the Reading game was brilliant. That game was the first time I took my missus with me to a game and despite us winning, I apologised to her for how rubbish the atmosphere was. Seems our standards have dropped to a new level of low

The reading game was also £10 a ticket and just becuase the stadium is full(er) than usual doesnt automatically mean the atmoshere is good

Bet she thinks your a right laugh,

Do you not think every other fan in every other league feels the same way.

I might want a mansion, with a ferrari and pet tiger. Doesn't mean I'm going to consider my life a failure because I have a three bed, an Astra and a dog.

Reality mate, get used to it.

We are where we are, we cannot win every game, and some people need to genuine strap on a pair before crying about us not winning a game of football.

If your lad doesnt want to watch SWFC then so be it, some kids aren't into it. I am and so is my daughter but even she now comments on the whining fans who sit around us constantly bellyaching that we are not 3 nil up already.

You don't know me mate, you don't know where I sit, and for the record don't whinge.

Don't patronise me by saying get used to it, read my post again, I don't expect anything from Wednesday, never have.

Good thing about being a paying customer is you takes your choice, I'm getting bored, other fans will replace me so don't worry mate. I'll still make a dozen games.

OP- other than stating the obvious about the Reading game, not sure what you’re really saying other than hoping that the club owner reads your posts and takes your financial advice.

Of course attendances are not approaching 30K. The Reading gate was achieved on the back of ticket reductions and a big club in town. Given Wednesday are currently a mid-table 2nd tier team, a bit higher than 22K seems about right, good even. If the team closes the gap on the pack above, attendances will rise. Occasional attenders will turn up.

Not sure where ‘we’re losing the fans’ comes from. Fans come and go in line with league position. To be honest, given where Wednesday have been these past 15 years, it’s remarkable that so many of us keep turning up.

Since the most recent exit from the top division in 2000, Wednesday have spent 3 seasons in the (old) 3rd division and a good many of the other 11 seasons trying to get into it, including the past 2. Yet 20K+ of us daft buggers keep trudging down.

All this losing the fans business depends where you set out. If your timescale begins a month ago, say 20th Sept 2014, then, sure, fans are staying away. Most Owlstalkers have been around a bit longer than a month, however. Wednesday’s average home league gate this season is 22,308. I suspect it’ll finish a bit higher than that. This compares well with most of the past 15 years.

By the way, the average league attendance at Hillsborough the last time (1999-2000) the Owls played in the top flight was 26,800, so maybe keep the current attendance figures in perspective. Incidentally, Wednesday’s home attendances this season ranks 6th in the division. Not too shabby, all things considered. Not really much evidence of ‘losing the fans’.

Spot on except we spent 4 seasons in old 3rd division. 

When we was in 3rd division 1975 to 1980 attendances were below 10,000 for most games, way down on present games but it was still highest in league at that time when attendances were generally lower. 

Guest Mancunian_Owl

You don't know me mate, you don't know where I sit, and for the record don't whinge.

Don't patronise me by saying get used to it, read my post again, I don't expect anything from Wednesday, never have.

Good thing about being a paying customer is you takes your choice, I'm getting bored, other fans will replace me so don't worry mate. I'll still make a dozen games.

cookie_monster.jpg

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Now for a serious response, don't get into a debate unless you want to hear another point of view. Its the interwebs people are full of opinions.

I have read your post, you sound fed up and demoralised with Wednesday, which is shocking considering this is one of the few times in recent years we have actually been ok. I refer to my post of a couple of months ago that we would have good and bad runs this season. We are having a bad run (although not that bad) it will be followed by another good run, just wait and see.

On another point Customer/Fans, which are you as this is not a business transaction to be honest, I go because I love those blue and white wizards. Even when they have been cack i was there, as you've said you have been, just back your lads that they will get through this sticky patch.

genuine question would you rather see a great game that we lose or a bore fest 1-0 win .i´d wager if we had won 4 home games 1-0we´d be pulling 25k as we´d be top of the league and saying what great support we have .