Stu's pre-match conference

Guest JonTheOwl66

No I wouldn't. I've scoured the internet and he has no scored 100+ league goals. Infact a lot of his goals have come in the lower leagues and has never scored over 10 goals in a championship season. The most he manager was 8 in 2012. He is not a proven goal scorer. If Gray is selling him to the fans as a proven goal scorer them many will he disappointed.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=18014

No I wouldn't. I've scoured the internet and he has no scored 100+ league goals. Infact a lot of his goals have come in the lower leagues and has never scored over 10 goals in a championship season. The most he manager was 8 in 2012. He is not a proven goal scorer. If Gray is selling him to the fans as a proven goal scorer them many will he disappointed.

Have another 'scour'.

Don't worry I was disapointed even before Gray tried to sell him to us. Not what we needed, well at least not until we get a decent striker in

We're still trying to sign another striker and a midfielder.

GTF improved the squad and was available first. Adds a bit of guile and his experience may help with our decision making.

But keep focusing on his goal to game ratio if you like, as its clearly the be all and end all of any signing we will ever make.

Apparently Sammy Ameobi wasnt going to be good enough for us in the summer according to some and he's made an impact in the league above.

Why bother naming the opposition team as to when a player may be signed or not? It's never true & it doesn't create a buzz. We might sign someone before we play someone in the future. Eh? We might not. Tedious, vague, tripe that highlights our trudge through another mediocre season. Why can't a new, rich, foreigner see our potential? Frustrates the effing life out of me, it does.

Wonder if reading would allow us to take Drenthe permanently in January without a fee

I hope not.  Can't understand the love for Drenthe.  From what I've seen he's done nowt to deserve it.  We might as well play with 10 men.

Have another 'scour'.

He has not scored over 100 league goals and you can't tell me his is a proven goal scored. He played some of his best football at Blackpool playing on wing of a 4-3-3. He is not a "goalscorer".

Edited by 1993swfc