would you be happy with.....

Guest wilyfox

1.5m for a player in the final year of his contract - which Michail wasn't; the club would probably have to consider it. Personally, I hope we give him a new 3yr deal swiftly - but there's nothing to suggest we're going to.

He 3 times the player Antonio is, his contract situation is worrying.

He's a great player yes but over the time he's been with us he's had a large period out of the team either injured or ignored.

When he's been in the team he's been brilliant but not scored as many as Antonio and i'd be interested in how many he's assisted compared to Antonio. I realise they're different player's but if 1.5m isn't enough for Lee it certainly wasn't enough for one of our most attacking outlets.

Edited by bexhill owl

I really hope we can sign Lee and Maguire up with new deals. But in answer to your question no I wouldn't be happy with £1.5mill. The state of the transfer market is a flippingdisgrace with the amount of money that gets thrown around for example with Ross McCormack and its even more ridiculous when it comes to signing English players.

So no, why should we sell our best players on the cheap. Ideally we won't have to sell them at all but if we did then we should wait and let the Fulhams, Forests, QPRs throw ridiculous amounts our way to get them like they do with every other bugger. Then give it to Gray to invest back into the squad

It's a no from me. Wily makes a very good point that 1.5M for a player in their final contract year is decent but, he's worth more to us than that.

As for the 1.5M for Antonio has that been confirmed? There were several saying it was more like 2M + add ons. Not that anyone here would necessarily know owt either way.

Lee is a vital part of the way Stuart Gray wants us to play, Antonio wasn't. I think Gray saw him as a very useful member of the squad who was capable of winning us points on his own at times, but never really fit in to his long-term vision for the starting eleven. The opportunity to bring in May, who seems to be the type of tireless forward Gray values, was probably too good to turn down, even if it meant losing Antonio.

If a bid ever came in for Lee (god forbid), I reckon Gray would put up much more of a fight to keep him here.

If you want to build a side you can't do it selling your best players.

What you seem to be asking is half of Antonio for May a good deal ? Yes, but lets wait and see what we get for the other half.

As for Lee I wouldn't give that offer the time of day....£3m+.

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

Lee is a vital part of the way Stuart Gray wants us to play, Antonio wasn't. I think Gray saw him as a very useful member of the squad who was capable of winning us points on his own at times, but never really fit in to his long-term vision for the starting eleven. The opportunity to bring in May, who seems to be the type of tireless forward Gray values, was probably too good to turn down, even if it meant losing Antonio.

If a bid ever came in for Lee (god forbid), I reckon Gray would put up much more of a fight to keep him here.

I could buy that except that in an earlier interview it appeared that Stu really, really wanted Simon Cox to come the other way when Antonio left and it was the player who chose to move darn sarf rather than come to Hillsborough. Gray seemed quite put out when that deal didn't happen. 

It is just possible that Stu was playing a very canny game though to hide his real interest in May, but, I'm just not sure about that. I'm very excited by the prospect of what May could achieve here and I hope that Stu is too.

edit - TBH, I'd rather have May than Cox anyway. That's what I was trying to say.

If you want to build a side you can't do it selling your best players.

What you seem to be asking is half of Antonio for May a good deal ? Yes, but lets wait and see what we get for the other half.

More Twix obviously Nev. We can't be making offers without them.

I do hope we're getting wholesale prices for bulk orders.

Edited by themaskedowl

His value to the team is immense, a key player who has good technique and likes the ball

With regard to monetary value, a lot depends on this injury, is it going to be a long term problem, are we going to have to nurse him, groin injuries can be a nightmare

If the injury fully clears up, then Gray needs to be having a serious chat