Boro player catching the ball

I know it's largely irrelevant now and no one really cares because we won, but...

When the ball comes back off our player for the second "penalty", the Boro player catches the ball well before the ref blows the whistle.

Shouldn't that be a foul? Or is that ok because the ref had already decided to award the penalty, despite not blowing the whistle.

Bit presumptuous by the Boro player regardless.

That's the reason most players grab the ball when they go to ground.

It forces the referee to make a decision.

It's a coached behaviour

Its bad behaviour and i hate it. you should play till the ref blows and if you want to intentionally grab the ball you should get booked no matter if the first offense is given.

Its bad behaviour and i hate it. you should play till the ref blows and if you want to intentionally grab the ball you should get booked no matter if the first offense is given.

This.

The Boro player caught the ball about 2 seconds before the ref stopped play.

No matter how certain the Boro player was that it was a penalty, until the referee awards it he is committing a deliberate handball.

Like has been said anyone who grabs the ball no matter where the player is or how stone wall the offence should get a yellow at least because your simply forcing a decision which may have never come . Its the same as diving , your playing the official rather than the game