If I were Milan.....

Milan is in a strong position at the moment imo. He agreed a deal for 40m euros based on where we were at the end of last season and now after 4 games we already look a better team. Let's just dream that we are around the play-offs all season, surely we are worth a bit more but there is the possibility of promotion. Does Milan tell HM to do one in the hope of reaching the promised land? Other investors would surely be sniffing around by this time? Coupled with this a small relatively inexpensive squad and a cheap manager and Milan's laughing isn't he?

Milan is in a strong position at the moment imo. He agreed a deal for 40m euros based on where we were at the end of last season and now after 4 games we already look a better team. Let's just dream that we are around the play-offs all season, surely we are worth a bit more but there is the possibility of promotion. Does Milan tell HM to do one in the hope of reaching the promised land? Other investors would surely be sniffing around by this time? Coupled with this a small relatively inexpensive squad and a cheap manager and Milan's laughing isn't he?

....and the fact we have Mammadov's money for the sponsorship! Ha ha

The club still needs significant investment in both the playing squad and across the business before we even contemplate promotion.

It is such a 1990's attitude to assume we could simply purchase a couple of players and be able to sustain not only a promotion push but also stabilisation in The Premier League.

Our depth is woeful, highlighted by the notion that making our substitutions immediately handicaps us or knocks our momentum. Fundamental changes that should strengthen and dictate our game, not somehow make it easier for the opposition.

Milan cannot and does not want to take us further otherwise I am sure he would be doing so already. A top 14 finish will be a great season.

The club still needs significant investment in both the playing squad and across the business before we even contemplate promotion.

It is such a 1990's attitude to assume we could simply purchase a couple of players and be able to sustain not only a promotion push but also stabilisation in The Premier League.

Our depth is woeful, highlighted by the notion that making our substitutions immediately handicaps us or knocks our momentum. Fundamental changes that should strengthen and dictate our game, not somehow make it easier for the opposition.

Milan cannot and does not want to take us further otherwise I am sure he would be doing so already. A top 14 finish will be a great season.

I look at the league we are in, and think we could sneak into the playoffs with 2 or 3 additions.

But we would need to spend 100million to build a premier league squad.

Staggering …. Where as I don't think we will go up this season, I'm sure that if we had the chance of going up despite the lack of depth of players then the club would defiantly go for it.  The rewards for getting to the Premiership are massive and plus increased gates and sponsership deals would make us a more attractive for future bidders. 

But have we tho?? Personally still think that's the real problem with the replica shirts. Why sell more shirts if we'll have to bin the sponsor.

Anyway you're all living in cloud cuckoo land. It's obvious that come the end of the transfer window. Milan will tell us the whole thing is off and he'll bring in a couple of decent shirt term loans to appease the fans. I've got massive respect for Milan, but ya can't kid a kid that's kidded thousands lol

I look at the league we are in, and think we could sneak into the playoffs with 2 or 3 additions.

But we would need to spend 100million to build a premier league squad.

I don't like the idea of 'sneaking' in the play-offs with 'two or three' additions.

I'd rather us be a club that is seen as promotion contenders during pre-season and fighting for promotion.

Preston over-achieved about ten years ago (ironically with Alan Irvine) but simply couldn't muster the kind of authority to push on realistically - there is a nobility of the 'underdog' punching above their weight but if I'm honest I don't 'just' want promotion to The Premier League.

I want us to re-establish ourselves in the zeitgeist of modern football and not be referred to as an "...and finally" story on Football Focus.

I don't like the idea of 'sneaking' in the play-offs with 'two or three' additions.

I'd rather us be a club that is seen as promotion contenders during pre-season and fighting for promotion.

Preston over-achieved about ten years ago (ironically with Alan Irvine) but simply couldn't muster the kind of authority to push on realistically - there is a nobility of the 'underdog' punching above their weight but if I'm honest I don't 'just' want promotion to The Premier League.

I want us to re-establish ourselves in the zeitgeist of modern football and not be referred to as an "...and finally" story on Football Focus.

So you'd see sneaking up through the play offs this season and an immediate relegation as bad for the club long term?

Most definately.

It's an unhealthy way to conduct business.

I'm not disagreeing.

I also think that our fan base would not have the patience to endure a 20/25 point season, getting mullered every week in the name of long term "progress"

"Possibility of a bit more" :tango: Are you off your rocker, why would you want to line Milans pocket ? Do you not realise that a pound in Milans pocket is minus a pound of the SWFC coffers. I would be far more enamoured to see him dropping the price by £5 million if that helps get any worthwhile deals over the line. 

Most definately.

Completely disagree I'm afraid. Once you go up you are immediately 80/90 million pounds (or whatever it is) better off how can that be bad? With a good business plan we can put money into the club for future years. I understand that fans will not enjoy being beat every week but I think most fans realize what the challenge is. This club in the premier league will attract players and would have a chance. You have to get on that gravy train no matter how you do it. This is why we have been left behind other clubs, not necessarily on where they are now but the infrastructure.

Most definately.

A cash injection of close to £100m over 4 years handled sensibly would not be the wrong way to conduct business surely? How can returning to the championship 12 months later with that kind of leg up for the business be a bad thing?

We have the crowd and the surety that it will get even bigger with moderate success

We have the manager who can demonstrably improve players and generate team spirit

We just need an owner who appreciates this and has the ready cash to pay MM his exit fee and a bit left to invest in the team  we dont need gazillions we really dont