If I were Milan.....

Is that what this is really all about?

Money?

Might as well just give up now then.

Im sure we'd all love it to not be about money. But those days are long gone. Although as a fanbase we'd hate to be getting mullered every week. I'm sure we'd all get over it if it put us on a long term brighter future. At this moment in time, until we get serious investment, we'll always be treading water

I think people have mis-understood.

The actual practice of promotion and the riches that come with it then the subsequent relegation isn't inherently the issue - it's not like you are gauranteed safety upon promotion much as you are hardly going to return the money because you want to do it 'the traditional way'.

But I want an owner with plans and ambitions that extend beyond our foundations being built on sand and the historic blot that is relegation. I would hate to think a board meeting would be conducted with the conclusion being the accumulation of wealth by way of defeat is somehow a realistic future for the club.

Why are people automatically assuming we would go straight back down? 

Steve Maclean article just a few short weeks ago when we signed S May.. ''Its a massive club and once it can finally get back to the Premier league it will fly''

Even if he's wrong, with the amount of seats in our stadium compared to over half in the PL means we could attract players. Might be worth noting that Southampton & Norwich stayed up in PL without consolidating in the championship, Little Hull (going back ten years) have been promoted twice and not gone straight back down on either occasion. 

If you can finish 17th first season we would have cracked it. 

West Brom, West Ham & Newcastle have also shown there is nothing wrong with yo-yo'ing for a few seasons.