May debut

Good debut. Can't help but feel that if some of those chances that Maghoma got excited with or Nuhiu flopped his three left feet at, had fallen to May he might have faired better. But I guess we'll not know. 

Very impressed first half, great movement making a number of chances for himself. Tried to link up play well too.

2nd half was quieter, he just didn't get much service or change out of their centre half. I think he'll be a good player for us, should be given a regular run of games imo. His scoring record last season shows he should start to find the net soon.

Need a proper winger to create chances for him?

He's only small so would expect Madine to benefit more from one. Interesting to know what kinds of goals he scored up in Scotland.

Had a decent header 1st half though out of nothing, so his movement should certainly bring him goals.

Guest The Horse

I liked the way he was always gambling on the defender making a wee wee tail up - already making his run to latch onto a mistake.
Didn't happen today but it will against lesser teams.

Love his movement, showed good little touches and flicks, I thought his shot was going in that fizzed past Grant in the first half, it was a good debut for me, didn't do anything stupid like lunging into tackles and also didn't get carded.

Him and Nuhiu could work, I also thought Madine showed a bit of quality when he came on as well.

He just needs time to get to know how to play in this side.

Edited by TaxiMark

Also playing against 3 central midfielders meant May was always dropping off to cover one of them, usually Hughes, which meant he wasn't able to be up next to Nuhiu all the time

When playing against a 4-4-2 or even a less impressive 4-5-1, May will be able to play up top properly on the shoulder of the defenders, getting into more dangerous positions