Semedo and Hutchinson

Why be negative by playing two ball winners? The best way to stop their midfield from dominating with the ball is to simply keep the ball better ourselves so they dont have majority of possession..

If we are playing 3 in middle then it has to be Coke, Lee and Hutch. All three comfortable receiving and passing the ball under pressure.

Easier said than done.

Why be negative by playing two ball winners? The best way to stop their midfield from dominating with the ball is to simply keep the ball better ourselves so they dont have majority of possession..

If we are playing 3 in middle then it has to be Coke, Lee and Hutch. All three comfortable receiving and passing the ball under pressure.

Agreed.

Easier said than done.

Yes, but playing 442 with Semedo and Hutch sitting (which is what I was replying to) exactly who do we pass to when they break up Derbys play and win the ball? Without genuine pace on the wings, how to we get the ball up front to cause them a problem and give the defence a rest?

With difficulty is the answer. A full midfield 5 all comfortable passing and receiving the ball will be much, much more effective than a 4 with to deep lying midfielders to break up play.

Yes, but playing 442 with Semedo and Hutch sitting (which is what I was replying to) exactly who do we pass to when they break up Derbys play and win the ball? Without genuine pace on the wings, how to we get the ball up front to cause them a problem and give the defence a rest?

With difficulty is the answer. A full midfield 5 all comfortable passing and receiving the ball will be much, much more effective than a 4 with to deep lying midfielders to break up play.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I just think it's quite easy to say "keep the ball better ourselves" - there's saying it and then actually doing it.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I just think it's quite easy to say "keep the ball better ourselves" - there's saying it and then actually doing it.

Like any game if Football it comes down to the performance of the players, nit the tactics.

My point was simply that a midfield of Hutch, Lee and Coke would be more effective than a two of Hutch and Semedo at stopping Derby dominating midfield.

In reality, I think that Derby will have the better of the Midfield battle to matter what tactics we play, but the crucial thing is how close to them can we get to make our own chances? Coke Hutch and Lee give us the best chance.

Like any game if Football it comes down to the performance of the players, nit the tactics.

My point was simply that a midfield of Hutch, Lee and Coke would be more effective than a two of Hutch and Semedo at stopping Derby dominating midfield.

In reality, I think that Derby will have the better of the Midfield battle to matter what tactics we play, but the crucial thing is how close to them can we get to make our own chances? Coke Hutch and Lee give us the best chance.

Fair point

Guest scunthorpeowl1996

I saw semedo and llera in meadowhall other month. Llera is a giant and Semedo doesn't look that tall. They were both with their kids and Semedo still had that leg brace on so I thought it was probably best not to bother them.

Gotta drop nuhiu as he's steeling a living playing football anyway, him for may & we're laughing

stealing a living by being part of a team that won away at Brighton and then scoring and setting one up against notts county???????

He can continue to steal a living then. But lets drop him for a bloke that hasn't even laced up his boots in this division yet.