My (considered) theory

Guest Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

Milan has already decided the takeover won't go through.

Whatever has changed in Mammadovs status since the takeover was agreed, Milans patience has extended plenty. Milan isn't a mug. He will have continued talks with other interested parties throughout this period of uncertainty, and today's message to Mammadov wasn't so much a deadline setting, more an indication to other parties that Mammadov is still in the picture, hence they won't get a knockdown price. They've got to match Mammadovs price with proof of funding.

There will be contracts in place for this deal, which will include timescales and deadlines. MM won't want to open himself to legal action by reneging on the deal, nor jeopardise the opportunity he has to pursue legal action against Mammadov either.

If I was MM I would be negotiating with other parties now and hoping to conclude a deal, before announcing that the HM deal is off. What better way to announce it, than to say 'it's off, but this is on'

Guest Big Guns

I can't believe it grandads still in with a chance of owning / becoming the chairman of the club

We thought the dream was over too

Guest Distraught!

I can't see that he has any obligation to sell to Mammadov any more.

It sounds as though Mammadov has exceeded the agreed time limit for transferring the funds so Mandaric has every right to put the club back up for sale.

Mammadov still has the opportunity to fund the deal in the meantime though I can't see that happening.

Guest Deleted member

I can't believe it grandads still in with a chance of owning / becoming the chairman of the club

The money is sat in Escrow too...

And to think you laughed at the price for the pie and peas....

Guest sotonowl

Grandad club chairman, BG doing the OMDT, Heaven.

Guest Big Guns

The money is sat in Escrow too...

And to think you laughed at the price for the pie and peas....

If you'd have accepted my offer for the car park this sorry story would be over now and you'd be sat in the big chair

Milan has already decided the takeover won't go through.

Whatever has changed in Mammadovs status since the takeover was agreed, Milans patience has extended plenty. Milan isn't a mug. He will have continued talks with other interested parties throughout this period of uncertainty, and today's message to Mammadov wasn't so much a deadline setting, more an indication to other parties that Mammadov is still in the picture, hence they won't get a knockdown price. They've got to match Mammadovs price with proof of funding.

There will be contracts in place for this deal, which will include timescales and deadlines. MM won't want to open himself to legal action by reneging on the deal, nor jeopardise the opportunity he has to pursue legal action against Mammadov either.

If I was MM I would be negotiating with other parties now and hoping to conclude a deal, before announcing that the HM deal is off. What better way to announce it, than to say 'it's off, but this is on'

You think he will still have been talking with other parties after the takeover was announced? I really can't see that some how.

Guest Deleted member

You think he will still have been talking with other parties after the takeover was announced? I really can't see that some how.

Not at all.

But certainly after deadlines were passed (ie the period of uncertainty) without being met. I'd be amazed if the right to do that wasn't written into the contract

Guest conisbrough

Think you are correct he willbe prepared to talk to others but think there is no other party anywhere close tomatching MM offer. If strict timescales were built in to contract they will have already failed as I am certain plan would have been to conclude before start of season. Money is in short supply everywhere.can not see MM walkingaway with a profit on his investment unless dramatic improvement in world economy.

Hate to say this again.

Especially when I thought HM was one of these.

But those that takeover, simply 'takeover'.

No messageboards, no media, no mincing...

It was announced. It was freakin' announced...

Yes Abramovich took 10 minutes to buy Chelsea

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/interviews/it-took-only-10-minutes-to-do-chelsea-deal-with-roman-abramovich-but-i-had-to-google-him-first--i-wasnt-sure-if-jeremy-beadle-was-going-to-jump-out-8596796.html

Guest Deleted member

If you'd have accepted my offer for the car park this sorry story would be over now and you'd be sat in the big chair

Still waiting for proof of the funds.

Guest Distraught!

That's more time than most people would like to spend with Bates!

Just give him the cheque and tell him to feck off is the best idea.