My (considered) theory

Guest Deleted member

not sure I buy this leaks malarkey. If it was public before MM wanted he could have just said 'a party has shown interest etc etc'.

contracts have been signed and guarantees have been made that haven't come through. Hence the delay.

HM has the money but can't access it. The question is, if the TO goes through is there anything preventing what's happened in last few week happening again and compromising the club?

Someone informed the french journo - like has been said these deals are best when they're done and then announced. The clammer for news over that two week period resulted in a very positive statement about a deal has been reached and would be subject to FL ratification. I can't see any of that in MM's statement today - handshakes and recent meeting and 'commitments' appear to suggest we are some way off, and you are speculating that the delay is HM's access to his own funds. It looks like an agreement to sale was agreed with some conditions, which with the passing of time, HM has failed to honor. The question is does MM pull the deal - probably not because he's desperate for HM to come good and there appears to be no one else: a fact HM and his advisors will be aware of in all this.

I'd assumed MM and HM would've entered a period of exclusivity and that we are still within that

Thought today's statement was doubly to try and reassure us fans due to the hyperbole being written on here and elsewhere and to put pressure on HM to complete as (maybe) there are other options.

Don't believe the HM takeover is dead in the water but don't think it's far off

I'd assumed MM and HM would've entered a period of exclusivity and that we are still within that

Thought today's statement was doubly to try and reassure us fans due to the hyperbole being written on here and elsewhere and to put pressure on HM to complete as (maybe) there are other options.

Don't believe the HM takeover is dead in the water but don't think it's far off

I doubt it's in exclusivity, unless some money has been put forward by mammadov. An agreement and handshake as Milan talked about in his statement makes me think mammadov has yet to deliver anything he promised Milan.

Milan knows what he's doing in business but I think either he didn't do his full due diligence here, or there are genuinely no other interested parties.

Either way, I'm actually hoping mammadov is booted out and Milan continues running us. We need the stability more than the millions right now.

I think it's quite clear from that (thread now gone, so posting here) 

MM & HM reach agreement to sell/buy SWFC. Money is demonstrated but not paid. Announcement of takeover is made.

MM & HM then get to how the money will be paid. HM has money all over the shop but mostly in Azer. The currency conversions and transfer costs will lose MM into 7 figures of the 40 mil. So that's the first issue.

Then however, negative stories about HM start appearing all over the place. This,according to the Azeri journalist, can only happen if the government want to discredit him (for reasons unknown).

This means that there is a chance that his money has been frozen. Or even worse, as is common in Azer, his assets could be nationalised. 

In terms of problems with Baku players payments - that is not new. Apparently they have often not been paid if HM's people feel they haven't performed.

Milan has already decided the takeover won't go through.

Whatever has changed in Mammadovs status since the takeover was agreed, Milans patience has extended plenty. Milan isn't a mug. He will have continued talks with other interested parties throughout this period of uncertainty, and today's message to Mammadov wasn't so much a deadline setting, more an indication to other parties that Mammadov is still in the picture, hence they won't get a knockdown price. They've got to match Mammadovs price with proof of funding.

There will be contracts in place for this deal, which will include timescales and deadlines. MM won't want to open himself to legal action by reneging on the deal, nor jeopardise the opportunity he has to pursue legal action against Mammadov either.

If I was MM I would be negotiating with other parties now and hoping to conclude a deal, before announcing that the HM deal is off. What better way to announce it, than to say 'it's off, but this is on'

Your considered theory is way off.

My considered theory is you haven't an idea.

Milan has already decided the takeover won't go through.

Whatever has changed in Mammadovs status since the takeover was agreed, Milans patience has extended plenty. Milan isn't a mug. He will have continued talks with other interested parties throughout this period of uncertainty, and today's message to Mammadov wasn't so much a deadline setting, more an indication to other parties that Mammadov is still in the picture, hence they won't get a knockdown price. They've got to match Mammadovs price with proof of funding.

There will be contracts in place for this deal, which will include timescales and deadlines. MM won't want to open himself to legal action by reneging on the deal, nor jeopardise the opportunity he has to pursue legal action against Mammadov either.

If I was MM I would be negotiating with other parties now and hoping to conclude a deal, before announcing that the HM deal is off. What better way to announce it, than to say 'it's off, but this is on'

Your posts constantly annoy me. You come across like you know what's going on. You have no idea.

Maybe you should keep your views to youraelf

Your posts constantly annoy me. You come across like you know what's going on. You have no idea.

Maybe you should keep your views to youraelf

On the contrary I think grandad know. I was told - and much of it was posted on here about pretty much the same thing a few weeks after the ratification story.

I believe Milan is still in charge but has an alternative plan - one where some funds are available.

While ever we are winning the pressure will be off - I believe we have a team capable of winning - but need more quality and depth to the squad.