My (considered) theory

Guest Deleted member

Guest Big Guns

Still waiting for proof of the funds.

I will have it as soon as I've sold the stuff distraught sent me from china stashed in trevs painting tackle

Milan has already decided the takeover won't go through.

Whatever has changed in Mammadovs status since the takeover was agreed, Milans patience has extended plenty. Milan isn't a mug. He will have continued talks with other interested parties throughout this period of uncertainty, and today's message to Mammadov wasn't so much a deadline setting, more an indication to other parties that Mammadov is still in the picture, hence they won't get a knockdown price. They've got to match Mammadovs price with proof of funding.

There will be contracts in place for this deal, which will include timescales and deadlines. MM won't want to open himself to legal action by reneging on the deal, nor jeopardise the opportunity he has to pursue legal action against Mammadov either.

If I was MM I would be negotiating with other parties now and hoping to conclude a deal, before announcing that the HM deal is off. What better way to announce it, than to say 'it's off, but this is on'

Are written contracts in place?

In June it was described as a "deal" and today's statement was about handshakes and the honouring of words...these suggest that no written contract exists.

Guest Deleted member

Are written contracts in place?

In June it was described as a "deal" and today's statement was about handshakes and the honouring of words...these suggest that no written contract exists.

Do you really believe that a deal worth €millions won't have contracts written?

Really??

Guest Distraught!

I will have it as soon as I've sold the stuff distraught sent me from china stashed in trevs painting tackle

You ain't going to get much for a few grams of MSG, Gunsy!

Guest Deleted member

Written or signed?

Do you really believe that Milan would announce a deal without a signed contract in place?

Really??

Whatever has changed in Mammadovs status since the takeover was agreed, Milans patience has extended plenty. Milan isn't a mug. He will have continued talks with other interested parties throughout this period of uncertainty, and today's message to Mammadov wasn't so much a deadline setting, more an indication to other parties that Mammadov is still in the picture, hence they won't get a knockdown price. They've got to match Mammadovs price with proof of funding.

There will be contracts in place for this deal, which will include timescales and deadlines. MM won't want to open himself to legal action by reneging on the deal, nor jeopardise the opportunity he has to pursue legal action against Mammadov either.

If I was MM I would be negotiating with other parties now and hoping to conclude a deal, before announcing that the HM deal is off. What better way to announce it, than to say 'it's off, but this is on'

Grandad, you are familiar with contractual obligations and here we have the famous clause "failed to comply" - if Milan doesn't use this opportunity to promote the sale of the business to another buyer then he would be foolish but I still say better the devil you know.

However I still have this doubt in my head about the constant use of the word "takeover". e.g. Malaysia Airlines is currently looking at a takeover by Khazanah, who, today own 69% of MH shares. Can you give me (and others) an example where the outright "sale" of a football club has been referred to as a "takeover"?

Only trouble is there are very few mugs around who will throw £40m in the ring.

It's one hell of a selling job MM has got to do.

We're a loss making lower Championship club in a geographic backwater.

No sane businessman would touch us with a barge pole.

We need a complete mug or someone with an enormous ego who will be willing to throw at least £40m at the job.

I think we'll be waiting a long time.

Do you really believe that Milan would announce a deal without a signed contract in place?

Really??

I think you have to qualify that - I don't see this as a normal straight forward commercial deal. If contracts had been signed ready to exchange, they may be some recourse for MM through breach of contract, if a long-stop date was set and has passed. Seems to me, either MM doesn't want to rock the boat with HM in hope that he may come good, or MM doesn't want to frighten another party off by starting litigation against HM. It seems to me the 'deal' wasn't as advanced as perhaps MM would have hoped in June but had to go public due to the various leaks. The rest looks like a total car crash.

Guest Distraught!

My fear wasn't him stumping up the £40,000,000 for Mandaric.

It was him stalling after that on our investment.

Glad its stopped at this stage to be honest.

I would say that any person who really did stump up the 40 million would be making some huge statement of intent.

They are not going to throw that kind of money around unless they planned a go at the big time.

My fear wasn't him stumping up the £40,000,000 for Mandaric.

It was him stalling after that on our investment.

Glad its stopped at this stage to be honest.

Me too. 

Mammadov could have messed us up big time. Doesn't seem like he's got much affection for the teams he buys. Just wants to promote that messed up slogan of his. 

Really??

Normally there would be a contract, but which part of this has been normal.

I have seen no reference to a contract, but have seen references to deals,commitment, handshakes and honouring words.

In the end it doesn't matter...the guy doesn't have the funds so written or not its worthless.

I think you have to qualify that - I don't see this as a normal straight forward commercial deal. If contracts had been signed ready to exchange, they may be some recourse for MM through breach of contract, if a long-stop date was set and has passed. Seems to me, either MM doesn't want to rock the boat with HM in hope that he may come good, or MM doesn't want to frighten another party off by starting litigation against HM. It seems to me the 'deal' wasn't as advanced as perhaps MM would have hoped in June but had to go public due to the various leaks. The rest looks like a total car crash.

not sure I buy this leaks malarkey. If it was public before MM wanted he could have just said 'a party has shown interest etc etc'.

contracts have been signed and guarantees have been made that haven't come through. Hence the delay.

HM has the money but can't access it. The question is, if the TO goes through is there anything preventing what's happened in last few week happening again and compromising the club?

not sure I buy this leaks malarkey. If it was public before MM wanted he could have just said 'a party has shown interest etc etc'.

contracts have been signed and guarantees have been made that haven't come through. Hence the delay.

HM has the money but can't access it. The question is, if the TO goes through is there anything preventing what's happened in last few week happening again and compromising the club?

You'd think if he could get £40m out he'd get everything out he could to protect himself

Milan will have a plan B in mind...he is a very shrewd business man who will not be prepared to lose money...i heard a whisper today about serious investment with Milan stating at the helm with a view to making us more saleable at a higher price...still have faith in MM nobodies fool!