Good Luck JJ

I don't understand why JJ gets bashed still by some of our fans

We haven't exactly had many players over the years who could do the things he could (just beating a man has been a challenge for some).

Granted he had a tendency to find the corner flag with a shot now and again but he scored some wonder goals over the years.

If he could have crossed and passed like some of our fans wanted he certainly wouldn't have played for us for long.

Pacy, quick feet and the ability to bang a few screamers in. The Yanks will bloody love that 

Also the ability to kick a field goal into the back row,  this can only prove popular over there

I wish JJ well but whatever people say about him he will always be a first class tool who will never grow up. He did dive us a few fine moments but I'm pleased to finally see the back of him.

Forgetting the fact he was below average for a good chunk of his time at S6, you couldn't help but love the bloke in equal measures to the frustration. He loved our club and he did provide plenty of excitement for us during a period when not many did. His run and cross for Sodje at Hillsborough beating the pigs, 'that' screamer at Leeds, his celebrations on beating pigs at the Lane and promotion against Wycombe. Sadly the sendings off and hissy fits were just as a frequent.

Personally loved the bloke though. All the best on your new venture JJ, always welcome back here as a supporter.

Edited by Penguin

I bet the Indy Eleven fans think they've just signed the Jamaican Messi if they search Youtube for him...

But seriously, watching that left me with a bit of a lump in my throat. There have obviously been far better Wednesday players, but JJ was the sole bright spark for us during some dark periods. There were times when it seemed our only tactic was to hope JJ would win us the game on his own. Sometimes he did. Yes, he was maddeningly inconsistent, but if he wasn't, he never would have played for us in the first place.

All the best, JJ. You played your part.

Guest Fedor

I wish JJ well but whatever people say about him he will always be a first class tool who will never grow up. He did dive us a few fine moments but I'm pleased to finally see the back of him.

Don't know whete this has come from.

I have met JJ a few times and he is sound.

Brilliant with the kids and always gives up his time.

Why is it necessary to slag off players even after they have left? As we are not Barcelona any player we sign is going to have strengths and weaknesses, and I can hardly think of anyone else in the last decade that has provided the same entertainment value as JJ

I hope he does well, surprised he has gone to the USA thought he would turn up at somewhere like Chesterfield or Donny Rovers for a season.

Wildly inconsistant  but there were always a couple of times a season where we were sat having a drink after the game and saying he won that match by himself.

Really can't understand some of the negative opinions of JJ. He set out being very inconsistent but as time went on his consistency improved. He was a lot more consistent in the last couple of years.

He offered a pace outlet that only really Antonio could offer. I saw no signs whatsoever that he was losing his pace. Always posed a threat.

When players leave I always ask myself how I'd feel about them lining up against us. From the 'summer exodus',the only player who I wouldn't relish lining up against us is JJ.