Jobi McAnuff

Guest JamesSwfcOwl

Guest JamesSwfcOwl

I don't know how much truth is in this but heard a rumour that we had enquired about Jobi McAnuff. Thoughts? Be a good signing 

A few years ago he was a top winger at this level. He played in every single game for Reading in the 2012/13 Premier league season and also in 35 games for them last season which indicates his fitness, desire and injury record is good. He'd be a good signing for us on a free I'd say. He'd bring plenty of experience and some quality in. It'd have to be a shortish contract at 32 years of age but we shouldn't write people off with age, some of the most effective players we've had in recent years have been over 32. 

Plus as far as I can see he's not had any sort of major injury for the last 10 years, very impressive. If we signed him he'd be straight in the treatment room I bet. lol 

Edited by TheEnchanter

He's decent but I don't think we'll signing another wideman. With Maguire, Maghoma, Antonio, Helan and Lavery all able to play there, I don't think the manager will see it as one of our priorities. If we sign five players, it's likely to be, a keeper, a centre back, a couple of midfielders and a striker. I suppose, if it's six it could be a winger, but it's more likely to be another forward.

Would fit into our side , has the quality but also the wage demands that come with it

I'd be delighted if we brought a player of his quality in

If we look at what's been said, Gray wants six players, Milan said five, maybe six. It will be five if Milan thinks he can get away with it. We know we are bringing in a keeper with Gray acknowledging that we're monitoring the Derby guy. Reading his twitter, it sounds as if we've already held talks. A back up centre back will be arriving, that's a given. There's an offer in for Hutch, this much we know, and both the chairman and the manager have gone public on Fryatt. None of those might come off, but we now know the positions we are looking for, bar one. That's all we are talking about, just one remaining player and so far, nobody from the club has given any indication of who it might be, and what position they might play. Gray the other day, said we have offers in for several players. As I said, I wouldn't mind McAnuff down here, he can play down the left, or more central, but I suspect we might go for another central midfielder or even a forward.