The Academy

Guest Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

At there house you don't need permission!!

Like I said.

The ugly ones try harder.

You've got to wonder what they're hiding.

(My guess is they've got crabs)

Guest _Ibbo_

If the first team ever set up training headquarters at the old Midland Bank ground at Dore, given how they performed this season, they'd never survive a winter up there. Team I  played for many years ago used to play up there, and I have to say in winter it's one of the coldest places I've ever been. Len Ashurst and Tony Toms would've loved it.

Midland bank pitches cold ? Give Over ? 

Did you ever play on the old council pitches towards the roundhouse in sheffield NOW they were cold. 

Guest _Ibbo_

Like I said.

The ugly ones try harder.

You've got to wonder what they're hiding.

(My guess is they've got crabs)

Are there still plans to buy the midland bank pitches ? 

Perfect area for 1st teamers to live... Waddle, Sheridan, Palmer used to live in the Devonshire...... 

How about Frazier Preston ? Was featured on OS as a special talent, apparently one of the best we had in ages.

Good player, my lad's played against him a few times. Moves with the ball well and two footed.

IIRC I think he was released by Barnsley at around u12's, they might regret that one.

Good player, my lad's played against him a few times. Moves with the ball well and two footed.

IIRC I think he was released by Barnsley at around u12's, they might regret that one.

Cheers mate.

I heard (not 100% if true) that his older brother is English top scorer at U-18's level with Blackburn.

Btw do you know if Frazier is a CM or winger ?

I have been banging on here for the last 18 months trying to convince people how far the academy as come in the last few years . In the next few years im pretty confident we shall see a steady succession of players making the first team

Midland bank pitches cold ? Give Over ? 

Did you ever play on the old council pitches towards the roundhouse in sheffield NOW they were cold. 

Old council pitches towards the Roundhouse cold? Give over.

Wincobank Hill, that was cold, if the walk up the hill didn't get you first.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Ringinglow has the coldest pitches. They normally have a covering of snow in August.

'Kin'ell ! You are not wrong. I had a couple of seasons playing up there and I am sure I lost a couple of toes and a gonad.

Edited by shandypants

Guest _Ibbo_

Ringinglow has the coldest pitches. They normally have a covering of snow in August.

Thats the pitches i meant. Ringinglow, up towards the roundhouse :-). You could see rain sweeping across sheffield from up there and by the time it came to ringinglow it turned into hail......