The Academy

Guest Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

Wrong

A club can sign a player at any time - they just have to agree the fee with the host club

If they offer the full standard tariff then there's nothing the host club can do to stop the player leaving

Thats exactly as I understood it. Glad I understood correctly or I might have called into question the rest of my understanding. Getting old is no fun... sometimes

Thanks Nigel. As you know, I was very cynical about the academy after reading brownowl91's OP in the other thread and receiving information about the academy from parents of children that have visited. My cynicism has been removed somewhat after reading the summaries in this thread that you posted.

Did Dean mention to you what the sanctions were for "tapping up"? The reason I ask is that if there is little or no sanction then we may as well "tap up" to prevent us being at a disadvantage to clubs with lesser scruples.

I didn't ask - and I daresay if Id suggested we should do the same I would have got a stock answer... if you know what I mean ;-)

Thanks Nigel. As you know, I was very cynical about the academy after reading brownowl91's OP in the other thread and receiving information about the academy from parents of children that have visited. My cynicism has been removed somewhat after reading the summaries in this thread that you posted.

Did Dean mention to you what the sanctions were for "tapping up"? The reason I ask is that if there is little or no sanction then we may as well "tap up" to prevent us being at a disadvantage to clubs with lesser scruples.

Exactly

I didn't ask - and I daresay if Id suggested we should do the same I would have got a stock answer... if you know what I mean ;-)

Yep. That's what I thought when I typed the question, however, I thought it was worth asking just in case the subject had been discussed.

Guest Deleted member

I don't personally believe that people with their experience in football would miss out on opportunity ;-)

Guest Big Guns

i remember saying in the original thread that you shunt take your kids to the grunters accademy no matter wot seems i was right 

Guest Deleted member

^^ if you put enough crap out there - you're bound to get something right eventually...

(Ive been working on that premise for years lol )

I can't imagine taking my son to the grunters academy, watching him go up through the age groups, and ultimately going and watching him play in their first team, I just couldn't do it, and knowing my son, no way would he want to play for United.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

At the moment Grandad, the fact is that some very talented 7-9 year old SWFC fans are still/now choosing Shirecliffe when they have the option of Middlewood Road.

This might become a thing of the past very soon, but it still true for this years 1st year academy intakes.

Guest Deleted member

As has already been stated - we have some very talented Sheffield United fans at ours too

As has already been stated - we have some very talented Sheffield United fans at ours too

Good, let's hope our academy does start winning the battle to attract the best kids in the region, whatever their allegiance. I personally don't think we're quite there yet and the facilites aren't helping us.

Edited by zzmdu

As a parent I would have to put my own prejudices aside and let him join whichever academy he liked best if there were choices to be made, in the same way I wouldn't force him to attend a school that he didn't like at first sight.  

I don't have a child in this particular situation, so I don't know the peculiarities of academy life but I have experienced it in other circumstances,and it's a cause for stress and upset when the child is trying to live up to the expectations of the parent. 

At the moment Grandad, the fact is that some very talented 7-9 year old SWFC fans are still/now choosing Shirecliffe when they have the option of Middlewood Road.

This might become a thing of the past very soon, but it still true for this years 1st year academy intakes.

Very true

Guest Big Guns

Then you can only blame the parents

Bad parenting report em to social services

Imagine having two woman after you. One is beautiful, you are infatuated with her, you meet her and have sex but it's terrible and she cooks you breakfast and you get food poisoning.

Then her ugly mate shows a interest, you have great sex, she cooks for you everyday, does your washing. Calls you all the time and treats you like a king.

Then the gorgeous bird shows interest again, but never calls, but said she had left a message with your mate! She says she's sorry about the bad sex and food poisoning and can you give her another chance!!

Your friends and family all say no and that she's bad news, but all her friends are telling you she really has changed!

Do you go with your heart or your head?

Imagine having two woman after you. One is beautiful, you are infatuated with her, you meet her and have sex but it's terrible and she cooks you breakfast and you get food poisoning.

Then her ugly mate shows a interest, you have great sex, she cooks for you everyday, does your washing. Calls you all the time and treats you like a king.

Then the gorgeous bird shows interest again, but never calls, but said she had left a message with your mate! She says she's sorry about the bad sex and food poisoning and can you give her another chance!!

Your friends and family all say no and that she's bad news, but all her friends are telling you she really has changed!

I'd only bang the fit burd, regardless.

I'd only want to play for Wednesday, regardless.

:Hirsty:

I'd have another go on the fit bird. 

Guest Deleted member

Imagine telling all your mates that you've had a go with the beautiful girl, you're infatuated with her, and all your mates are dead jealous that you've had a go because they would all secretly love to be in the same position. Then make out to your mates that she wasn't all that good, and you've actually had a bit with the ugly mate, but you only did so because the sex was better, and she cooked a good breakfast, basically she tried a lot harder (as ugly girls do).

Then when your mates express surprise, and word gets back to the beautiful girl that you're bad mouthing her in public, it all transpires that this brief dalliance was actually 2 years ago, and that you weren't quite so good in the sack yourself, she called and left a message and you didn't get back to her so she moved on. Plenty more fish in the sea.

Your mates all laughed at you because you're now shacked up with the ugly bint, and as it transpires you're actually no better off than you were with the beautiful girl - except you're sleeping with someone who has to wear 2 bags over her head in bed (in case one falls off when you're on the job...)

You now feel a bit silly.

Imagine telling all your mates that you've had a go with the beautiful girl, you're infatuated with her, and all your mates are dead jealous that you've had a go because they would all secretly love to be in the same position. Then make out to your mates that she wasn't all that good, and you've actually had a bit with the ugly mate, but you only did so because the sex was better, and she cooked a good breakfast, basically she tried a lot harder (as ugly girls do).

Then when your mates express surprise, and word gets back to the beautiful girl that you're bad mouthing her in public, it all transpires that this brief dalliance was actually 2 years ago, and that you weren't quite so good in the sack yourself, she called and left a message and you didn't get back to her so she moved on. Plenty more fish in the sea.

Your mates all laughed at you because you're now shacked up with the ugly bint, and as it transpires you're actually no better off than you were with the beautiful girl - except you're sleeping with someone who has to wear 2 bags over her head in bed (in case one falls off when you're on the job...)

You now feel a bit silly.

Haha fair play

But for the record I wouldn't have gone with the ugly bird and I am good in bed 😉