How many fans do we have abroad and are YOU one of them ?

Guest Moorey

Can't remember which one as I've been in a few theme parks in U.S.A but was in one of their American theme parks in the mid 90's. In the park was an English Pub complete with red telephone box outside, roses round the door sort of thing. When I went in the not very large pub, sat at the bar and one standing were 5 men all in Sheffield Wednesday shirts. Had to laugh and tell my family outside as we are all Wednesday fans. Funny thing was with the pub full of Wednesday fans it suddenly seemed like a real English Pub afterall!  :biggrin:

North Coast mate, 5 miles outside Coleraine. 

I'm down in Belfast here as you might guess... some decent scenery up your part of the world.

I follow Glentoran myself, not anywhere on same level as Wednesday these days, used to go all the time as a kid.

Good to know there are more fellow Owls about the place though

Saudi at the moment.

Before that I was in Vietnam and before that Brazil. Lived in Berlin in the early nineties and then South Wales.

Will be going back to Brazil when I'm done here at the end of May.

Always adopt a local team to get my football fix so I am, or have been, a regular at Hertha, Cwmbran Town, Gremio, Ha Noi FC and Al Shabab.

Shabab are at home next week in the Champions League, so looking forward to that.

Got a couple of games - Burnley and Millwall - at the beginning of this season whilst waiting for my Saudi visa but prior to that I hadn't seen a game since 2008. No idea when the next one will be!

Great timing going back to Brazil in May  :biggrin:

I'll be there in June, up in Fortaleza.

I think everyone can guess where I live.

torrevieja spain for the last 8 years but planning on moving back to mexboro in the 3 years time ....4/5 games a season for me but never miss a game on player .apart from the odd holiday maker havnt come across any other owls .

Exchanging one paradise for another! same climate.... sea (canal) view included...... :biggrin:

I'm down in Belfast here as you might guess... some decent scenery up your part of the world.

I follow Glentoran myself, not anywhere on same level as Wednesday these days, used to go all the time as a kid.

Good to know there are more fellow Owls about the place though

aye, it's pretty enough, can't get on the beach half the time 'cos they keep filming Game Of Thrones. you know how it is.

occasionally make it to Belfast maybe once a year, not a fan of cities tbh. aye, good to know there's one or two about. i keep hoping for a pre-season Wednesday tour here for summertime bevvies, shits & giggles. maybe Caolan can sort it.

aye, it's pretty enough, can't get on the beach half the time 'cos they keep filming Game Of Thrones. you know how it is.

occasionally make it to Belfast maybe once a year, not a fan of cities tbh. aye, good to know there's one or two about. i keep hoping for a pre-season Wednesday tour here for summertime bevvies, shits & giggles. maybe Caolan can sort it.

Been hoping for the pre season tour but it hasn't happened, last over here in 1993.

tbh coming over to play Irish League teams wouldn't be of much benefit to the team so can see why.

Would be nice if they did come though.

Can't remember which one as I've been in a few theme parks in U.S.A but was in one of their American theme parks in the mid 90's. In the park was an English Pub complete with red telephone box outside, roses round the door sort of thing. When I went in the not very large pub, sat at the bar and one standing were 5 men all in Sheffield Wednesday shirts. Had to laugh and tell my family outside as we are all Wednesday fans. Funny thing was with the pub full of Wednesday fans it suddenly seemed like a real English Pub afterall!  :biggrin:

Possibly the Rose and Crown at the Epcot Center in Florida.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/rose-and-crown-pub-and-dining-room/

UK_RoseCrown.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERS

Guest subnotusedmayrleb

West of Scotland now and have been the last 10 years...not abroad yet but might be come later on in the year. S36 originally.

Been hoping for the pre season tour but it hasn't happened, last over here in 1993.

tbh coming over to play Irish League teams wouldn't be of much benefit to the team so can see why.

Would be nice if they did come though.

thought we signed a youth deal with somewhere near Cookstown a couple of years back? sending the development squad over will do me lol

Guest Distraught!

lol

You must have some great stories.

Aye, not half.

Some of the things you see out here, you couldn't even make up but they actually happen. Great thing is the locals are so used to it, they don't even blink an eyelid. But seeing a white face walking down the road and that is something else altogether.

:duntmatter:

Guest MoscowDave

As far as I know, I'm the only  fan in Russia. Met a Vladimir owl once in the pub at the Hartlepool game but not seen him since. Gets a bit lonely.

Guest Moorey

Yes that's is it that's the one roaminowl. Thanks for finding a picture and the pub's location.

Edited by Moorey