Llera

Reda

Antonio

Semedo

Mcphail

Maghoma

Fryatt

Nuihu

You look at that team on paper and you think Hmmm not too bad. 

Then Jones gets in his tactics,team talk and substitutions and then it's oh well there's always next week.

Got the impression from DJ's comments that Reda would be out for some time. Mattock didn't play in the game DJ hinted he would, so it'll probably be Helan at left back. I would go with two up front, mainly because Nuhiu looks totally ineffective in the lone striker role, and perhaps bolster the midfield with an extra man. Semedo and Coke would give MacPhail more of a free role.

The team will be:

Kirkland

Buxton

Johnson

Llera

Reda

Antonio

Coke

McPhail

Semedo

Helan

Fryatt

I reckon it will be exactly this. 

Don't think DJ will go for the riskier 442 especially away from home. 

Semedo is also ideal in the hole, allowing McPhail to get further up the pitch, as well as covering attacking runs made by Helan and Antonio on either flank.

He can also do what he does best and that's smash them to bits.

Nuhiu will also come on second half either for Fryatt if we are winning or for a defensive midfielder if we are chasing the game.

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Got the impression from DJ's comments that Reda would be out for some time. Mattock didn't play in the game DJ hinted he would, so it'll probably be Helan at left back. I would go with two up front, mainly because Nuhiu looks totally ineffective in the lone striker role, and perhaps bolster the midfield with an extra man. Semedo and Coke would give MacPhail more of a free role.

Didn't dj say that reda was touch and go which would suggest he's not out for long?

Or not even out at all

Or have I missed something

You might be right, the last quote I heard was when DJ was hinting that Mattock would play for the development squad v Barnsley, and he said that Mattock's recovery was timely because Reda would be absent for a while. In the end Mattock didn't play in that game, and if neither are fit, I'd rather switch Helan than use Floro at left back.

i think much more important than any 11 names we can type out is...

whats the mentality / tactics, gonna be like saturday?

watched england LOADSA times this last 20 yrs put in abject displays - just 2 or 3 half chances all game v these kinda teams, 

seems they have finally shaken off that fear factor, and played with a freedom that ALLOWS players to play.

musta had over 40 shots over the 2 games (think it was 22 v montenegro)    

- well thats not 'freezing' under pressure is it, its thriving on it. 

an long may it continue,    we wont win it in brazil, but so what, lets play with the freedom to be the best we can be, 

ill be happy with that, and we may well surprise a few people!

back to the Owls - though i never really digressed because this is our big problem at the minute, 

mindset - getting over the line, confidence - its a massive thing.

an while i accept we not champ' contenders...... were honestly not this sh!t either.

i know its an old cliche'  but why worry about an uncontrollable? (the result / fans)  ...... its totally pointless,

...just enjoy the game lads, show your skills an let the result take care of itself.

it may be stripping it back somewhat, but if the squad HAD that attitude all season (rather than scared of H'boro)

we would have more than 6 points.

Guest DaveJonesBarmyArmy

David Lucas

Paul Heckingbottom

Lee Bullen

Greame Lee

Zigor Aranalde

Chris Brunt

Glenn Whelan

Chris Marsden

JP McGovern

Steve MacLean