Who Am I? Guess The Player

Guest LeamingtonOwl

Guest LeamingtonOwl

So you beat me last night and guessed James Quinn in ten responses. So 1-0 to you.

This may be more difficult and make it 1-1. Let's see.

I am a defender who can play all across the back four and I have represented England up to U21 level. I never really looked like making the national team. In fact I was probably a million miles away. I suppose the current England manager gave me my first taste of Premiership football, but once he left I was shipped out on loan to a few team before signing for Wednesday on a short term contract.

I was well received by the fans who until I had signed had been watching some very suspect central defenders. I was playing for Wednesday in the Championship. Unfortunately like through the majority of my career injuries meant I was released at the end of the season.

Over the next 6 years I would still play my trade in the 2nd tier of English football and in fact played in the Stoke City team that would eventually make its way to the Premiership. Again injuries prevented me from making my impact and my career fizzled out. Out of the clubs I played for other then the 18 appearances at Hillsborough, it was Stoke City where I enjoyed most success.