Good point. But we will get relegated with Jones in charge.

Guest Big Guns

You have to take a step back and look at the wider picture imo - does anybody seriously believe that DJ wouldn't have signed players like Johnson, Fryatt, Lita, Sharp, McPhail etc - if he the resources to do so?

I would say that it looks very much like MM has got us ticking over to conserve petrol and although the lights are dimming he ain't revving up and gonna be filling the tank again until they go out - it looks like he's waiting to move the club on so refilling the resource tank becomes somebody elses problem - cos he doesn't wanna spend one cent more than he absolutely has to

And the team has suffered due to it.

yep like i said in another fred were been run so unproffesional its frightning

plus milan did say he would carry on running us the same with or without the takeover happning

So, looking at this thread , it would appear that the problem is NOT Dj but MM because of his reluctance to provide funds!

But the addition of a couple of players seems to have sparked a revival of interest in/from the players themselves. Who do we blame for this? 

If Buxton had played against Donny we'd have won.

We played some nice stuff and FINALLY we have a player in mcphail

who is worth paying to watch.

Last night sounded like a solid performnave against a strong, expensively assembled

team.

There will be 3 sides worse than us this season. Guaranteed

Come on then Einstein, give us a 'forward modern manager'[/quote

Gary neville

Bruce arena

Hoddle

Terry phealan

Solskjaer

Too name a few

Ya mean Gary Neville the tv pundit,never managed a team ever..............that gary neville !

Bruce Arena,the 62 year old pensioner,that bruce arena !

Glen Hoddle,the guy who hasn't managed since 2006,that glen hoddle !#

Think ya mean Mike Phelan,again a guy who has never managed a team,that mike phelan !

Solskjaer.....................managing and doing well in his native norway,turned down villa,but yeh he's gunna give that up for struggling swfc !

How in gods name do ya get " forward thinking manager " with the first 4 names...............?

Ya mean Gary Neville the tv pundit,never managed a team ever..............that gary neville !

Bruce Arena,the 62 year old pensioner,that bruce arena !

Glen Hoddle,the guy who hasn't managed since 2006,that glen hoddle !#

Think ya mean Mike Phelan,again a guy who has never managed a team,that mike phelan !

Solskjaer.....................managing and doing well in his native norway,turned down villa,but yeh he's gunna give that up for struggling swfc !

How in gods name do ya get " forward thinking manager " with the first 4 names...............?

How do you know Neville wouldn't be tempeted by us. Always spoke highly of us in the past????

How do you know Solskjaer was even approached by villa?

Glenn hoddle tacticaly is superb even though he hasnt been in management a while and has unbounded contacts andd great young players at his disposal.

And sorry mike phealan as above with glennn hoddle contact wise superb and a more modern manager. Rather than going down the dinosaur route with jones. But hey if your happy with how things are progressing thats your call!! I certainly am not although I will be there cheering the team on as always like I have for every season in the last 25 years!!

How do you know Neville wouldn't be tempeted by us. Always spoke highly of us in the past????

How do you know Solskjaer was even approached by villa?

Glenn hoddle tacticaly is superb even though he hasnt been in management a while and has unbounded contacts andd great young players at his disposal.

And sorry mike phealan as above with glennn hoddle contact wise superb and a more modern manager. Rather than going down the dinosaur route with jones. But hey if your happy with how things are progressing thats your call!! I certainly am not although I will be there cheering the team on as always like I have for every season in the last 25 years!!

Thats not what you posted,you were asked to name names you thought were forward thinking managers,none of those YOU posted are.

May of 2012,he withdrew his interest in managing villa after having talks.

Glen hoddle hasn't managed since 2006,tactically superb or not.

Mike phelan has contacts eh,whoopy friggin doo

.Ya can shove ya patronising,last 12 words up ya @ss.

You have to take a step back and look at the wider picture imo - does anybody seriously believe that DJ wouldn't have signed players like Johnson, Fryatt, Lita, Sharp, McPhail etc - if he the resources to do so?

I would say that it looks very much like MM has got us ticking over to conserve petrol and although the lights are dimming he ain't revving up and gonna be filling the tank again until they go out - it looks like he's waiting to move the club on so refilling the resource tank becomes somebody elses problem - cos he doesn't wanna spend one cent more than he absolutely has to

And the team has suffered due to it.

This is an excellent summary of where we are.

It's a real shame, a little ambition from Milan would have had us top six.  The squad now has quality that we haven't seen in over a decade : Kirkland, Buxton, Gardner, Macphail, McCabe, Antonio.  A couple more signings might have given us a real chance.

We just have to hope that Milan doesn't get desperate and sell us to anyone.

Thats not what you posted,you were asked to name names you thought were forward thinking managers,none of those YOU posted are.

May of 2012,he withdrew his interest in managing villa after having talks.

Glen hoddle hasn't managed since 2006,tactically superb or not.

Mike phelan has contacts eh,whoopy friggin doo

.Ya can shove ya patronising,last 12 words up ya @ss.

Why is it patronising you complete bellwart..? And why because a manager hasnt managed in a few years is he not a forward thinking manager??? Carry on happy clapping and playing on fifa you pleb

Why is it patronising you complete bellwart..? And why because a manager hasnt managed in a few years is he not a forward thinking manager??? Carry on happy clapping and playing on fifa you pleb

IF ya man hoddle is such an uber reyt good manager,why has no-one given him a job,44 years old me,such a joyous thing debating with schoolboyish playground name calling ...................erm men !!

Jones might keep us up again. Yeovil, Barnsley, Donny, Charlton and Milwall might be bad enough, between them, to keep us afloat. 

Unless there is a takeover it's hard to imagine Jones achieving more than survival. His record with us and elsewhere suggests that he needs money to spend and a continually refurbished squad in order to get anywhere. On that basis, realistically, he is not the man to see us progress.

However, it is extraordinarily hard to identify realistic managerial candidates who could achieve more than mere survival.

One thing you can say is that he's never really exuded commitment to the cause. Hence, the fragile relationship with the fans. 

Personally I doubt that a takeover will happen this season (maybe in the future). I think there's an even chance Jones will keep us up. But I think this will be his last full season in charge. There just isn't any real goodwill towards him. 

Good post!

I think that goodwill is a thing of the past in football.

I have supported Wednesday for near on 25 years and had a season ticket every season. And I can honestly say never felt like I would lose interest ever in Wednesday! ! But Jones is sapping the life out of me. Il get behind us Saturday like I always do and really hope for 3 points but long term and the now we need rid of him.

I feel exactly the same. I've never felt this pissed off as a Wednesday fan, in years gone by we've been skint and on the brink but I think that brought out the fighting spirit from the fans. But at the moment the club just seems to be drifting and stagnating, and this season is pretty much a write off after only 10 games

I certainly wouldn't brand the three new loanees as 'high quality'.

God help us.

Ok

What would you call high quality - if 3 players who have amassed 700 championship appearances and 200 premier league appearances - chuck in some international and champions league experience - is something to mock?

I feel exactly the same. I've never felt this pissed off as a Wednesday fan, in years gone by we've been skint and on the brink but I think that brought out the fighting spirit from the fans. But at the moment the club just seems to be drifting and stagnating, and this season is pretty much a write off after only 10 games

Glad its not just me then buddy. Really hope we get 3 points saturday just can't see it.