Good point. But we will get relegated with Jones in charge.

I thought we tried chopping and changing managers over the past 15/20 years? How did that work out.

Or, how about looking at the top sides in the premiership who changed their manager compared to those who kept their manager.

I am not saying Jones should stay or go, I just wish we could make a decision and stick with it.

the aftermatch debate on here is hard to balance, cos the rants aint just about the 90 mins, each post is more venomous because of the previous result/s.

ive been saying these last few wks DJ needs to get his head out his ass re square pegs / round holes. 

(i personally dont think DJ will ever do owt with us - not fussed if he goes)    but i accept  he prob not getting sacked anytime soon.  

so on that basis,

although im p!$$3d off wiv the results these last 2 games,      im really pleased (37 games left) we finally seem to be settling down a bit, looking like SOMETHING of a football unit - previous to donny i cud'nt see any real plan,

on a last note, unlike many,  im not critical of the way subs w' used tonight, it was actually a pleasant surprise that he actually has that attack minded thought in him wen making a change...    

just slightly confusing that he did it 'away from home' ......... 

jj for coke     type sub at home to millwall / donny / burnley / yeovil might have seen us win a game or two. 

There has been slightly positive signs over the last 2 games but frankly it just masks over an absolutely pathetic start to the season. Dave jones aint the man to take us forward. Dont care what any happy clapping gimp says. He cannot buy a win and this must be our worst start in many a year.... There are forward modern managers out there who will drive us forward. Please get rid of the

Come on then Einstein, give us a 'forward modern manager'

I doubt we will be relegated if DJ stays in charge for the rest of the season, because that will probably mean there's been no takeover and MM will fork out just enough to keep us up and protect his investment, although last season was a little too close for comfort.

That being the case though I will not fall for MM's spin again and renew my season ticket, I'm afraid I've had enough of his empty promises and the disappointment of bumping along at the bottom of the league month after month.

We as fans need a takeover to take place soon, otherwise its just same sh!t different day, season.

Guest davet30

Jones might keep us up again. Yeovil, Barnsley, Donny, Charlton and Milwall might be bad enough, between them, to keep us afloat. 

Unless there is a takeover it's hard to imagine Jones achieving more than survival. His record with us and elsewhere suggests that he needs money to spend and a continually refurbished squad in order to get anywhere. On that basis, realistically, he is not the man to see us progress.

However, it is extraordinarily hard to identify realistic managerial candidates who could achieve more than mere survival.

One thing you can say is that he's never really exuded commitment to the cause. Hence, the fragile relationship with the fans. 

Personally I doubt that a takeover will happen this season (maybe in the future). I think there's an even chance Jones will keep us up. But I think this will be his last full season in charge. There just isn't any real goodwill towards him. 

And other managers don't?

Or since we acquired 3 high quality championship players?

True and whose fault is it to wait until we are playing crap to then reinforce the squad ? It would be DJ's if he had funds and dithered but it is MM's if he didn't want to spend.

Not a DJ fan but have to admit with the current owner most managers would struggle to get us to mid table.

Jones might keep us up again. Yeovil, Barnsley, Donny, Charlton and Milwall might be bad enough, between them, to keep us afloat. 

Unless there is a takeover it's hard to imagine Jones achieving more than survival. His record with us and elsewhere suggests that he needs money to spend and a continually refurbished squad in order to get anywhere. On that basis, realistically, he is not the man to see us progress.

However, it is extraordinarily hard to identify realistic managerial candidates who could achieve more than mere survival.

One thing you can say is that he's never really exuded commitment to the cause. Hence, the fragile relationship with the fans. 

Personally I doubt that a takeover will happen this season (maybe in the future). I think there's an even chance Jones will keep us up. But I think this will be his last full season in charge. There just isn't any real goodwill towards him.

Bit in bold.

I don't understand why?

Granted we have had two shaky starts when in the championship but that is due to not having the squad in place over the summer by trying to do it on the cheap.

We have then had a promotion and a playoff form half a season so in terms of on the actual pitch i'd say it's fairly even between his success/failures.

Because of the constraints he is working under, personally I am inclined to give him more time (plus at some point we will need to be patient in order to achieve stability).

I'm seeing more and more about how he is boring in interviews though which baffles me. Does that actually bother people? Why is it important? All managers/players talk in cliches so what does it matter?

Guest Distraught!

I'm seeing more and more about how he is boring in interviews though which baffles me. Does that actually bother people? Why is it important? All managers/players talk in cliches so what does it matter?

That part is symptomatic of those that have to find anything and everything to moan about.

I always found Ferguson and Wenger interviews boring and tedious. Same old dross whether they win or lose. But they seemed to get by well enough despite their lack of glossy PR skills.

True and whose fault is it to wait until we are playing crap to then reinforce the squad ? It would be DJ's if he had funds and dithered but it is MM's if he didn't want to spend.

Not a DJ fan but have to admit with the current owner most managers would struggle to get us to mid table.

You have to take a step back and look at the wider picture imo - does anybody seriously believe that DJ wouldn't have signed players like Johnson, Fryatt, Lita, Sharp, McPhail etc - if he the resources to do so?

I would say that it looks very much like MM has got us ticking over to conserve petrol and although the lights are dimming he ain't revving up and gonna be filling the tank again until they go out - it looks like he's waiting to move the club on so refilling the resource tank becomes somebody elses problem - cos he doesn't wanna spend one cent more than he absolutely has to

And the team has suffered due to it.

Edited by scram

You have to take a step back and look at the wider picture imo - does anybody seriously believe that DJ wouldn't have signed players like Johnson, Fryatt, Lita, Sharp, McPhail etc - if he the resources to do so?

I would say that it looks very much like MM has got us ticking over to conserve petrol and although the lights are dimming he ain't revving up and gonna be filling the tank again until they go out - it looks like he's waiting to move the club on so refilling the resource tank becomes somebody elses problem - cos he doesn't wanna spend one cent more than he absolutely has to

And the team has suffered due to it.

Plus the fans.

Said it earlier in this thread we need a takeover ASAP only then will things start to change.