United pinching Trophies

Guest crookesmona

Guest crookesmona

At my daughters football presenation evening at Barnsley Metrodome on Saturday night  she picked up the trophy for the team she plays / captains - Sheffield United Community Ladies Under 16s - and I coach - believe me it kills me being a season ticket holder for last 40 years and my daughter or last 9 years who won the league by 14 points . However, there are miles better than SWFC girls at their age and went through the season played 18 won 18 scored 103 conceded 14.

My point is that as United havent won any silverware for god knows how many seasons the cup is on its way to be displayed in their trophy room despite the fact the girls arent really associated with them .

The junior club play under their name but are not the acacemy and United only let the club have kit at reduced prices

Edited by crookesmona

Guest dunellaowl

They can put it at side of that tray the made themselves after getting promotion!

Welldone to you and your daughter btw!!!

I used to take my son to the goalkeeper school at United's academy.

They have a few glass cabinets in the doorway full of trophies.

I presume they are non football related, Best Cladding around a stadium, Doing up a stadium on a limited budget, Best budget hotel, that sort of thing.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Pigs and Brentford in battle for playoff loses trophy in history. Tbh I think they lost that aswell lol

My mate is a Brentford fan, he says Preston have the record for failed play-offs, but Brentford are closing fast.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

To be honest, if they're called Sheffield United Community Ladies then I can see why they've claimed the trophy - if the team are annoyed and not really linked to the club, then the best bet would be to detach themselves. And even better still, join their bigger, older, classier neighbours.

I'm not sure I could ever be involved with an SUFC project but maybe I'm being too idealistic.

To be honest, if they're called Sheffield United Community Ladies then I can see why they've claimed the trophy - if the team are annoyed and not really linked to the club, then the best bet would be to detach themselves. And even better still, join their bigger, older, classier neighbours.

I'm not sure I could ever be involved with an SUFC project but maybe I'm being too idealistic.

I take it they would also claim to own this bus company if it still existed? ;-) ( I assume is doesn't)

http://sheffieldunitedtourslimited.net/history.html