Expect most of our Ins to happen later rather than sooner

That is what i am expecting.

We have to shift certain players out first: Cog, Lines, Semedo, Taylor, Mattock. 

We also have to know who has accepted a contract extension.

It'll be all about making space for new acquisitions.

Guest Ccswfc1

Please get rid of Taylor I will Cart him off wherever he wants to go is lines out of contract or can we get a fee for him still carnt belive we offerd 6 players new contracts

when does the transfer window open again?

Isn't it the 1st of July? But you can usually expect the deals to be announced from the beginning of June.

lol

pull the thread then, i'm not arsed.

Not the most interesting of subjects, but it's a struggle to think of owt that topical at the moment.

You could change it to "How come people on Twitter don't know the difference between definitely and defiantly" that worries me me more unless they think we are defiantly staying up on purpose. Sadly I think they don't.

Remember when we proudly announced that we'd done our business early to get "the cream of the crop" - and ended up with Tommy Miller and Darren Purse?

Yep. The worst close season ever. No wonder we were relegated.

Remember when we proudly announced that we'd done our business early to get "the cream of the crop" - and ended up with Tommy Miller and Darren Purse?

Remember the sense of (misplaced) optimism that generated tho!

Deals done early, more time to be excited about the coming season.  More time to convince everybody that we're definitely going to get promoted! :ls:

Deals done early = settled and ready for the first match of the season.

Bringing in players just before the deadline period at the end of August = 4 or 5 games played already, gelling issues, learning curve, means you've played over 10% of the season without your best/settled team.

Points in those 4 or 5 games (and the settling period after that) can make a huge difference to the season.

Never understood why teams cannot be fully bedded in before the first ball is kicked in the new season. And if clubs are holding us to ransom over a player or two, we should move on to other players on the list - teams would soon realise we weren't going to play those games.

Please get rid of Taylor I will Cart him off wherever he wants to go - Harsh, he's decent enough cover considering we dont have many CBs

still carnt belive we offerd 6 players new contracts - few of them make sense, not too happy about Prutton personally.

Edited by Lee A

hugely?

why not just surprised? lol

Because:

A) They are two players proven at this level. One bad season doesn't mean we'll move them on straight away I don't think.

B) They are two very well paid players. Mattock still has two years left on his contract meaning if he left the club we'd owe him one hell of a chunk of money. Taylor would be owed a years salary too.

I think it would be very surprising myself.

As you say in the OP though, Lines, COG and Semedo are a different matter.

Assuming the 6 sign their contracts and going off what DJ has said about the loan players, I don't think we will see that many new faces.

.....................................Kirkland

.....................................Bywater

Buxton............??????................Gardner.............REDA

Lee.................Taylor...................Llera.................Mattock

Antonio..........Olifinjana............Coke...................??????

JJ...................McCabe.............Prutton.................Helan

.........................Lita................??????

.......................Madine............Maguire

.......................Howard

Possibly 3 new signings on top of the loan players

Guest ChadOwl

Yeah and this season we signed Martin Taylor! We went down that season because we persisted with Purse, If we'd have persisted with Taylor we'd have been down before Bristol!

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Assuming the 6 sign their contracts and going off what DJ has said about the loan players, I don't think we will see that many new faces.

.....................................Kirkland

.....................................Bywater

Buxton............??????................Gardner.............REDA

Lee.................Taylor...................Llera.................Mattock

Antonio..........Olifinjana............Coke...................??????

JJ...................McCabe.............Prutton.................Helan

.........................Lita................??????

.......................Madine............Maguire

.......................Howard

Possibly 3 new signings on top of the loan players

I'd be disappointed and underwhelmed if that's our plan. Unless those 3 new faces are quality we'll face a similar struggle to last season or a even bigger struggle.