Expect most of our Ins to happen later rather than sooner

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Like 43 points from our last 25 games....

I expect it to be a tougher League next season. The likes of Howard will be older bringing oldies back like him will be terrible business and unambitious.

Football changes and moves on. I don't think lightning will strike twice, last season was crazy.

When the chips were down and we were up against it after those terrible runs, we started to improve and pick up results playing in a effective manner.

I don't think we should aim to do the same thing next season, unless we get better players to carry out that tactic, we'll stagnate or even go backwards.

And if the likes of Howard and Oli are brought back, I can't see us improving next season and can see a bigger struggle on the cards.

Edited by Sweet&TenderOwl

The division will be less competitive hence a stronger League 1 

Howard was only brought in for the last few weeks and is on peanuts model pro who can put himself about on a cold Tuesday night in Yeovil when JJ doesn't fancy it

The three spaces I left blank are the real question mark in pre season, 3 signings of serious intent with a pacy centre half, quality delivery from a left midfielder to balance Antonio on the other side and an all action goalscorer to partner Lita and we would be in with a great shout of upper mid table with a tilt at the play-offs with a bit of luck

We have to do our business within FFP why go out and spend good money replacing the 6 offered new deals if you can keep then on and they can 'do a job' when called upon

If we sign Helan, Olifinjana and Lita it will already be a decent summer, we need to lower our expectations a bit

Edited by Box_Man

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

The division will be less competitive hence a stronger League 1 

Howard was only brought in for the last few weeks and is on peanuts model pro who can put himself about on a cold Tuesday night in Yeovil when JJ doesn't fancy it

The three spaces I left blank are the real question mark in pre season, 3 signings of serious intent with a pacy centre half, quality delivery from a left midfielder to balance Antonio on the other side and an all action goalscorer to partner Lita and we would be in with a great shout of upper mid table with a tilt at the play-offs with a bit of luck

We have to do our business within FFP why go out and spend good money replacing the 6 offered new deals if you can keep then on and they can 'do a job' when called upon

If we sign Helan, Olifinjana and Lita it will already be a decent summer, we need to lower our expectations a bit

No doubt they can do a job and they proved that last season.

But if that's our business plan and we play the same way, then I can see us stagnating and struggling.

Despite the FFP I can see the division being stronger. 

The teams coming down will have even bigger parachute payments.

The likes of Bolton, Blackburn, Forest, Derby, Ipswich, Leeds and Leicester will be no mugs and some of them will probably improve.

The teams coming up are weaker are smaller, but that doesn't mean they can't spring a surprise.

I don't want us to blow money away, but if we were smarter we could bring in the players we need to kick on and improve.

There are some decent players available from the relegated sides and from the lower leagues, etc

Bringing back the likes of Howard and Oli, and retaining so many of last season's squad, just tell's me we're unambitious and we'll more than likely stagnate.

Were Sheffield wednesday we'l spend our 350k whenever we want

lol

Donny

Bourenmouth

Yeovil

Burnley

Barnsley

Birmingham

Millwall

The above will all have significantly lower wage budgets than us and will not be able to afford the players we can attract

Possibly Charlton, Huddersfield, Middlesbrough & Blackpool will all have similar or smaller budgets than us

We may have to wait on players on freebies to sign and it might be frustrating but we are in the same boat as 75% of the teams in this division who will have to do the same

I think we are in for a good season next year and I can't see us being anywhere near the bottom 3 

Edited by Box_Man

Guest Sniper1

We cannot predict anything about next season.

Our loan signings at the end of last season kept us up, they played a massive part in our survival.

We are currently weaker than when we finished the season.

We have some serious work on to match the loanees, never mind better them.

Ill look at the squad in August and thats when i will give my predictions.

Until then its up to DJ, PA and Mr Mandaric to get in what we need.

If we get the Championship quality in for free then brilliant, like someone mentioned above we need players at their peak (mid twenties).

No kids and no old men.

Id also like to have these players in by pre season so we hit the start of the season having a rough idea of our best team.

I of "No Kids or old men fame" beleive that we should make a major effort to get Lee Tomlin from Peterborough. He's a clever, creative advanced midfielder with an eye for goal who scared the poo poo out of me everytime he picked the ball up in our half..................aaaannnnnnnddddd, he's the right age.