Miguel Llera

Guest Deleted member

Guest Swedish Owl

Do we want a 35 year old nex season? If (or when i should say) we stay up, the aim hopefully will be to aim for the top nex season. Hopefully a bit of cash will be allocated for transfers and the fringe players will have left? 

I like Llera, but would still let him go and use the wages on a Gardner quality defender. 

It's not as straightforward as saying let him go so we can bring someone better in.

That presupposes that the package for the new player can be met. With Llera we would have to pay no transfer fee and just his wages. For a better player, there may be a transfer fee and why would a better player's wages be any less?

Given the 'players out before players in' policy, it casts doubt on whether we can afford anyone better - if paying a transfer fee is going to be part of the equation.

Personally I'd be worried if we offered him more than a 1 year deal. He's currently at the top of his game, so the only way is down.

We as a club have been burnt way to meny times, by being centmental and giving players long contracts at the wrong age.

can't understand the obsession with age tbh , if you can keep fit and commit to the cause as llierra does then i can't see a problem if you want it bad enough you can sustain what you do for a tad longer ,a one or even two year deal is'nt out of the question ,,

Agents noises. We will get nothing for him and don't want to be paying over the odds for a player who is ageing. I'd rather just see him see out his contract then replace him. He's cool, but prone to mistakes.

I agree with this.

I hope we can Buxton to sign a new deal soon. Losing him on a free would be a disaster.

I'm not seeing anybody better at other clubs at the moment so he wouldn't be that easy to replace within our budget I don't think. It's just the age thing isn't it although Gardner's (or Taylor for that matter)not much younger is he? I think DJ probably likes him because he had opportunities to leave him out during our bad run but didn't and he's repaid the faith. To me he doesn't look like going over the hill anytime soon so I think we should make sure we keep him for another year at the very least probably more.