Almost back to last seasons team

Guest markowl123

Guest markowl123

Anyone noticed? Apart from gardener/Kirkland & Helan it was back end of last seasons team and to be honest we're playing pretty well.

Just as an add on, as strange as it first seemed, lee didn't do too bad when he came on on the right, good performance and definitely improvement

Dave Jones biggest mistake was to change the team to much is to not be Megson

In the eyes of the cult

But funny how many experts on here have said we don't have enough quality and we haven't signed enough players.

Now they're saying we shouldn't have signed players and only added a few proven quality players - which he did anyway

Strange lot

Edited by scram

Guest James Gelder

Anyone noticed? Apart from gardener/Kirkland & Helan it was back end of last seasons team and to be honest we're playing pretty well.

Just as an add on, as strange as it first seemed, lee didn't do too bad when he came on on the right, good performance and definitely improvement

That core group of lads that got us promoted last season seem to have a lot more fight/determination.

I was dreading it when we took O'Grady off. For me he's not pretty but holds the ball up well and is exactly the kinda player you want in the last 15mins. But fair play to Jones and Lee. For one of the first times this season Jones seemed to get a substitution right and Lee looked decent for the small time he played.

Guest Wirrowl

I was responding to the op. It struck me that when the chips were down he reverted to Megson's men despite 16 signings. Maybe he's not a good judge. He had made no bones about wanting some of the 8 out but he ends up playing em. Even prutton who was a bit of a luxury player for gm is back in for his experience and fight. Just saying like. The op made a good point.

So DJ uses players that were here before and they're Megson's players - even a player DJ signed?

Megson uses players that he inherited but they are Megson players?!?

How bizarre

haha the megson loving never ceases to bring a smile to my face ......lewis buxton is deffo a megson player despite being here 2/3years before he took over

The side is showing fight, I agree, but we desperately need an injection of quality and that will come at the expense of most of the players the OP refers to. Had we had any sort of budget, perhaps we wouldn't be having to rely on these players now.

Guest Wirrowl

I don't want anymore of these

'Used to be a fringe international and/or l was briefly the next big thing ten years ago' types. At least Megson wised up after 1 - clinton.

-