Almost back to last seasons team

Guest markowl123

Anyone noticed? Apart from gardener/Kirkland & Helan it was back end of last seasons team and to be honest we're playing pretty well.

Just as an add on, as strange as it first seemed, lee didn't do too bad when he came on on the right, good performance and definitely improvement

So taking dj's signings out of the equation we drew 0-0 on Saturday then.

Also the 'megson team' lost 1-0 at home to the same team we beat on Saturday.

Just shows that its not as simplistic doesn't it

However, I don't care who was signed by who or who played as long as we win

The side is showing fight, I agree, but we desperately need an injection of quality and that will come at the expense of most of the players the OP refers to. Had we had any sort of budget, perhaps we wouldn't be having to rely on these players now.

We're desperately in need of stability more like. The chopping and changes to ease out the old guard clearly was demoralising and had an almost catastrophic affect on performances. There will be a couple of tweaks of quality and experience but its the new found resolve within the current players that have seen an upswing of late and that must be maintained. Some of the players already brought in will actually I am sure prove to be better than they've shown to date but it was too much too soon. That is manifestly obvious.

Buxton, Llera, Antonio, Prutton, Lines, Jj, Madine, Ogrady

Megson signed five of those - giving him credit for Antonio and hardly played Prutton and preferred Rob Jones to Llera.

I also think Megson was great for Wednesday, I've just accepted that we've moved on.

The side is showing fight, I agree, but we desperately need an injection of quality and that will come at the expense of most of the players the OP refers to. Had we had any sort of budget, perhaps we wouldn't be having to rely on these players now.

Agreed.

And that's where DJ got it wrong this season....rather than introducing it little by little it was all at once and we wobbled.....almost to the point of falling over.

I don't care who signed who at the end of the day as long as the team wins.

I think DJ has gradually undone (enforced or otherwise) some of the changes that haven't worked. We did and do need more quality but our first bash of adding the quality has had mixed results, some have taken an age to settle but are starting to come good, others haven't settled, Barkley has gone back which means we no longer change the team to accommodate him and bothroyd just hasn't slotted into the team effectively.

Hopefully our second attempt will reap greater benefits and hopefully we can move some players on too.

Edited by Bluesteel