Dave Jones in the transfer window

Maybe Milan hasn't sacked him because he knows he didn't back him enough and himself and Aldridge had too much input on signings . I think he will give him a fair bit of cash and let him get on with it - hopefully with positive results. Surely it's worth it to stay up

Milan made the exact same mistake with Irvine which resulted in a wasted season, i really cant see him making the same mistake twice!!!!!!

You don't need to cry about it just because someone doesn't share your opinion.

Oh, the irony. In fact, join Mortimer (who seems to be following me round the board negging my posts in order to get a reaction he aint going to get) and totemowl on ignore.

Edited by Almat

If we don't pick many points up between now and transfer window we're going to find it difficult to attract any decent players when it opens.

Not many players will want to board a sinking ship.

I think it limits possibilities far less than people think for loans. Players want to play (usually!!!) and if a side is struggling they perceive they have a better chance of getting a start. Obviously if they are on loan it is no risk to their current league status.

Once again, here we go ..............................3 things I expect to see in January 2013

1) we will not be spending owt

2) we will find it difficult to move players on especially if they signed 2/3 year deals in summer eg mattock /pecnik

3) any new players - which will be either loan / out of contract / free signings - will not arrive until Tuesday January 30th 2013 at earliest

we know how it is don't we ?

Guest intercity0wl

Peknik

Mattock

Lee

Maguire

Mayor

Bothroyd

Rodri

All need to go

Who signed these players?

And apart from Bothroyd part wages,as there was no fee remember, add the fee;s paid for the rest of your examples, then in your ooinion is it enough for a championship side ??, never mind one that apparently aint just gonna make up the numbers, and one that is gonna give it a real good go.

Oh, the irony. In fact, join Mortimer (who seems to be following me round the board negging my posts in order to get a reaction he aint going to get) and totemowl on ignore.

You're a gigantic hypocrite. But I suppose you won't see that because you're still blocking my posts while lecturing me about accepting the opinions of others.

What will you do once Jones has finally gone? There'll be nothing for you to rabidly obsess about anymore.

I was simply pointing out that you should discuss the post and not the poster instead of crying whenever someone doesn't agree with your opinion. Most people manage it without too much trouble.

Two of those players are on loan, two may have arrived by the same route as Krasnic and Uchechi, the other three were probably signed with an eye on development. If we can get better in during the January window, then I'd be happy for them to get some experience out on loan

Milan made the exact same mistake with Irvine which resulted in a wasted season, i really cant see him making the same mistake twice!!!!!!

I fear he has waited too long and I think that ship has sailed. I said on another thread that whatever MM/PA/DJ had planned has gone wrong and they are rabbits trapped in headlights. I hope I'm wrong but I think the whole situation has taken them by surprise.

The season is probably already wasted in the sense that we will not get into the playoffs (unrealistic finishing position maybe but the bare possibility should be there as long as possible) and that we now appear to have a big squad of players that appear to be borderline Championship/League 1 standard. We have a lot of work to do, if we stay up, to sort it all out in summer recruitment.

I think DJ is paralysed in the headlights and it has affected his decision making beyond repair I feel. MM needs to make the change that may just save us from a disastrous relegation which would probably result in us wasting more than one season.

It's the investment that may save us from relegation not changing the manager

Probaly both to be fair. Even if I allow for some interference from MM/PA in recruitment as mitigation for DJ's transfer shortcomings I would not be happy that he will bring the right players into the club (positionwise or qualitywise) or that he can motivate and organise the team enough to give us a chance of avoiding the drop.

I fear he has waited too long and I think that ship has sailed. I said on another thread that whatever MM/PA/DJ had planned has gone wrong and they are rabbits trapped in headlights. I hope I'm wrong but I think the whole situation has taken them by surprise.

The season is probably already wasted in the sense that we will not get into the playoffs (unrealistic finishing position maybe but the bare possibility should be there as long as possible) and that we now appear to have a big squad of players that appear to be borderline Championship/League 1 standard. We have a lot of work to do, if we stay up, to sort it all out in summer recruitment.

I think DJ is paralysed in the headlights and it has affected his decision making beyond repair I feel. MM needs to make the change that may just save us from a disastrous relegation which would probably result in us wasting more than one season.

I agree this season (which should have been built with 4 or 5 quality additions not 14 much if a muchness and carried our momentum forward from last season) has already been wasted.

What im saying is i really cant see a successful buisnessman like Milan not learning from the mistakes he made with Irvine which Megson still had to deal with last season.

It wouldnt make any sense financially, Milan's remit is to make us a successful top end championship team/ premiership team giving him the highest return on his investment asap.

We know from hearing Leicester fans that he will try to do it as cheaply as possible but the cost of replacing DJ and a few quality additions would still be cheaper than the cost of relegation with a manager the fans wouldnt be fully behind thus reduced crowds/season tickets.

So the only viable option is to replace Jones and hopefully give us a chance of avoiding the freefall towards relegation we are currently in.