Dave Jones in the transfer window

Guest intercity0wl

if I was Milan I'd be trying to sell up, if he's not already

Best thing that could happen, and i think it will asap, as long as the profit is there for him, just hope his other bold statement, about leaving us in a better position (league wise i mean) is still the case when it happens.

Well I bow to your (self proclaimed) superior knowledge when it comes to all things football, Mr Guru. No idea why DJ doesn't just bite the bullet and get you on as chief scout. You'd make a great team. T'would be never a dull moment seeing who could be the most arrogant.

You don't need to cry about it just because someone doesn't share your opinion.

Yes let's see if DJ could balls this window up more than the last one. We might not get 30 points if he does

Everyone makes mistakes only fools don't rectify them. Rectification is sacking DJ immediatley

you didn't read my post I was suggesting mm and PA didnt back him and interfered with his transfer dealings and they realise this and are going to let DJ do this window on his own with proper backing. I'm sure the cost of buying a few players to keep us up is better than the loss if we go down

Thing is we were all reasonably impressed with most of the signings, now either we were wrong, or they arent being motivated (not that they should need it). I do think DJ is a good manager but it just isnt working for him this season and I think another loss at Barnsley will see him on his merry way.

So who are the players we should aim to ship out, other than the loans which end anyway? Will the majority be Jones's players or will they be Megson's players?

Logically speaking if Jones played what he considers to be his strongest available eleven on Saturday then doesn't it follow anybody who didn't start on Saturday but wasn't injured and unavailable for selection would be candidates to be shipped out.

From Saturday only Kirkland and Taylor (plus loanee Helan) were Jones signings plus the hybrid Antonio. With Gardner, Semedo, Reda injured (probably keeps) that leaves the likes of Lee, Mattock, Pecnik and Maguire in jeopardy of release with McCabe, Corry and Mayor fringe/future first team players possibly staying.

Bothroyd definitely should leave and Rodri probably also. The remnants of last year's team not involved on Saturday are obviously also potential leavers - but then two weeks ago this bunch would have included Prutton so who knows!!!

I think the simplest conclusion to draw is that taking into account the purposes the players were recruited for ie. Megson's for League 1 and Jones for Championship a greater proportion of Megson's players seem to have served their purpose ie. promotion from League 1 and are continuing to be selected in the Championship than the new signings who I assume should have been recruited to play in the Championship but they appear to have been deselected by the man that recruited them.

The new signings may well be better players (though I am not convinced on what I have seen) but we have got to the point where Dave Jones appears happier to rely on more of last year's team. I think it is really anybody's guess who could leave whether DJ or a new manager is in post.