Megson petition

Guest Warren Hobhead

Megson had a major bust up with MM prior to his departure (I think it was after the Chessie game) so there's really no point in embarrasing ourselves with a flipping petition to bring him back. FFS.

We were winning games initially under Megson last season, but as his tenure went on the quality of the football got worse and worse, and it really wasn't a pleasant experience watching Wednesday (any more than it is now to be honest). I think we were conned though, because he was "one of us", and in every post match interview he used to post out the same old drivel, about this fantastic huge club he'd supported all his life, we were the best fans in the country, he used to tell the players they were doing it for the best fans in the country. Every time we signed a player, he used to take them to where he'd stood on the Kop as a kid, and made them look down on the greatest stadium in the world.

We used to listen to that patronising rubbish every week, and forget the rubbish which had just been dished up on the pitch because Megson told us exactly what we wanted to hear.

I listened to the first interview he gave on Radio 5 after he was sacked, and when I was listening to somebody who was no longer our manager, I heard an unpleasant, arrogant, sarcastic man who I really didn't like very much (mirror image of myself actually), and I was glad I''d no longer be listening to his drivel every week.

look through all the blue and white smokescreen he used to put up, and realise he was a poor manager, the football we played in the most part was second rate and had he stayed, the odds are we wouldn't have even made the play offs.

I hope Dave Jones gets it right, and I'm sure that if he doesn't MM will bring somebody in to shake us up, just as he did when he binned Megson, but bring Megson back? Please god no.

Is it a petition to get him back i will sign it now and convince you lot to anall BRING BACK MEGO turn this team around thats what i believe probs only one but so........