4 Players Wanted?

Take it up to 20 new players that.

Any need for that many at the start of the summer?

I doubt it.

Most of his purchases have (so far) been poor and he's chopping and changing players, styles, formations etc. all too regularly

Smacks of a manager that doesn't exactly know what's going wrong and how to put it right.

I thought Dave Jones was a 'builder' 4 short term loan signings, adding to Barkley & Bothroyd is certainly not 'building' IMO.

Edit - if he does mean 1 from a list, my above points still stand.

Edited by BRADDAZ

We could do with at least 9 new players 4 would be good 1 is wot we will get.

Starting with a left back, because Jones is abysmal, Mattock must be worse because he can't get a game in front of Jones, and Reda although a very popular player is simply a defensive liability. Centre back because Llera is another who's ok going forward, but nowhere near strong enough defensively, Beevers when he's at the club doesn't look too brilliant, and Taylor thus far has been a bit of a non starter, although he could come good. Central midfield I think is where we're really struggling, and I'm one of a growing number of supporters who think we're playing this five man midfield just to accomodate Barkley, who has all the touches and looks like a brilliant prospect, but doesn't work anything like hard enough defensively, and is lacking in experience. I'd love to see a Glen Whelan/Steve Watson type in there, which would then do away with the need for five in m/f. Up front we need a decent quality striker to partner Bothroyd, who just seems wasted playing out wide. I'm positive he'd make a far greater contribution if he was one half of a pair of strikers.

We are short of a few more players that Jones won't pick. If I were MM I'd tell him to ballacks, and start playing the ones he's already bought first.

Agree.

Also the lack of a fourth winger to add to Mayor, Antonio & JJ is worrying.

Has been since the summer and I don't think he wants one even now.

Bothroyd and Pecnik have never been wingers btw.

I doubt it.

Most of his purchases have (so far) been poor and he's chopping and changing players, styles, formations etc. all too regularly

Smacks of a manager that doesn't exactly know what's going wrong and how to put it right.

I thought Dave Jones was a 'builder' 4 short term loan signings, adding to Barkley & Bothroyd is certainly not 'building' IMO.

the worrying part is, it's pretty flippingclear what the problem is lol

I doubt it.

^^^^^^^^^^^

agreed

His actual words were, "I have a list of three or four players and I'd hope to bring at least one of them to the club". I must have misread his meaning when he said those words.

It's not like you to be a smartarse but it wasn't the Jones interview that I heard. It was on the end of the news.