If we sack Dave Jones..

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Redknapp or Keegan or Shearer would probably bankrupt us.

Curbishley is a decent shout but he's been out of the game for years.

Coyle is another decent choice, if you remember what he did at Burnley.

However, I'm sure we'll pick up, once DJ gets some decent strikers in and/or a Treacy type winger and sends Bothroyd and Rodri back.

And if he goes more adventurous at home or if not and he can't turn it around, as it appears, then a new younger manager might be the answer.

I thought DJ was the answer and I was foolishly optimistic for the season but now it seems like he's taken us as far has he can

and if we don't change sometime soon, we'll probably end up going back down. I wouldn't mind us for once, giving a young up and coming manager a go,

someone like the current Newport County manager or the nutter in charge of Swindon. Instead of a old out of touch has-been living off past glories or a former player out to ruin his reputation.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

I know, aside from League One. Has he's taking us back down with him. :(

Edited by Sweet&TenderOwl

I thought it was another stupid topic, but then, after thinking about it, I think that if we're still in the relegation zone at Xmas, MM will definitely make a cha.he before the transfer window opens. There's no way he will allow the last 7 months of work to come undone. He could have sold the club back in may and made a profit. Slipping down to D1 will massively reduce that amount if profit.

I'd love DiCanio to come back....And I've gained even more respect for him since watching his interviews about the loss of his parents recently.

I think the next 4 weeks is make-or-break for Jones.

looking at the names people are throwing into the hat...

rednap (too far), adkins (still in a job, isn't he?)...

the rest promise little more than dj, or in many cases appear far worse...

time for our present manager to be backed with some on field quality...

we need a good forward, release the money to bring one in...

then judge the manager in a months time...

remember milan, your 2 managers last season got you promotion with an average 3rd. division side + loan players...

And the stars in that side are still our key players after signing about 14 new players.

D-I-CAN-NIO

i dont think anyone else could motivate the team and give them the kick up the backside that he could

saying that, i reckon he'd probably rub up a few peoples backs the wrong way and get the sack for making everyone disillusioned if things weren't going his way

I simply can't think of anyone worth their salt for the role right now ... someone, please name some managers for me .. i'm stumped