Darren Ferguson = Idiot

To be honest all managers see the game differently. Most of the time this is self protection as much as to say we were unlucky again and it would have been different if the ref had'nt made obvious mistakes. If they admit the truth they are just setting themselves up for the sack. Also it can't do much good for the confidence of the team.

Edited by Soul Power

To be honest all managers see the game differently. Most of the time this is self protection as much as to say we were unlucky again and it would have been different if the ref had'nt made obvious mistakes. If they admit the truth they are just setting themselves up for the sack. Also it can't do much good for the confidence of the team.

Spot on but i was amazed the wasn't mor than 5 minutes injury time considering their guy was down what seemed like an age.

Edited by pops55

Guest TonyOwl88

He said we didn't cause them any problems in the 1st half and they controled posession. I don't have the posession stats, but nobody caused anybody any problems first half.

I disagree that they deserved anything from the game but I think this thread is pretty stupid and a misrepresentation of the guy's coments.

Guest wahey89

It's tiring init when a manager watches the match with a biased glance..they were terrible for the most part and if Ferguson reckons that was good by them then they're down

At the end of the game he was in the centre circle, obviously having some altercation with the officials.

Went on for some time.

No idea what he was complaining about.

I assume he was complaining?

Edited by York_Owl

He was stood over the linesmans shoulder all game and complained everytime we got a free kick (which wasn't very often granted). Everytime they got a free kick he wanted our player booked. Can't stand the little tosspot. Hate him even more than Karl Robinson (MK Dons)

That is some achievemnet IMHO

'Opposition Manager Sees Game Differently Shocker'

They all do it as a self preservation tactic.

You rarely see one come out and slate himself or their team, it would be like turkeys voting for Christmas. Nah, far easier to lay the blame elsewhere.

UTO :biggrin:

but a decent manager does a better job of dressing it up

I sit just behind the bench. At one point some bloke behind me shouted 'Oi Daddy's boy! You'll never be a Sir!!' Everyone had a good chuckle at that. Was hilarious to see him moaning about the added time just like Ferguson Snr...except the officials don't give a monkeys about Darren.

Cough...That was me. lol

He was trying to say that there were 6 minutes stoppage for the injury to their player

Edited by owlsdreamer

Guest Dadders

Ferguson is being selective in his analysis. Yes they did have a good share of possession. He brings up his team to play pretty passing football, always looking to pass it out from the keeper etc. The point is however that all that possesssion is pointless if there is no cutting edge. Kirkland wasn't really tested, our defence were in control.

Sure we were slow and lethargic, and failed to create as fluently as we might, but we created far more chances and were the most dangerous.

I think his quote was Ferguson talking up a defeat in a 6 pointer to try and deflect from the reality that they never looked like gewtting a result in a game they needed to - a poor reflection on the manager