Megson odds for the Ipswich job shortening...

Why is Paul Ince always amongst the favourites for managerial jobs when his track record as a manager is absolutely poo poo?

Anyway, if DJ does go I'm absolutely terrified that we'll end up with either Billy Davis, Cotterill or Ince.

Milan has come close to appointing him here before.

Think Megson to Ipswich is a disinct possibility. Remember reading that he turned them down before so he could take over us 18 months ago.

Me too

Why is Paul Ince always amongst the favourites for managerial jobs when his track record as a manager is absolutely poo poo?

The Rooney rule?

Are we still paying Megson? Could free up some wages for a new manager if he gets a job.

Doesn't work like that you've got pay the entire contract. Gardening leave means golden handcuffs

Would say McCarthy is about the same as Dave Jones.

Dont think Harry Redknapp is very realisticly going to come to a Championship relegation battle 250 miles from where his lives.

I don't think Redknapp would come either - just pointing out to a previous post who said he didn't fancy any on the list.

Doesn't work like that you've got pay the entire contract. Gardening leave means golden handcuffs

If hes on gardening leave then he can't take the job unless he comes to an agreement with us, surely.

Dunn seems to think he might be incharge by next week?

I can't see it myself but they have the Money to lure him there.

I don't think it will be about the money with Redknapp, It will be about location and premiership for him. Plus he was disgusted with the stick Kean got off their fans. I think it could be very tricky indeed for them to attract a decent manager with the way that club is run.

If hes on gardening leave then he can't take the job unless he comes to an agreement with us, surely.

He's on gardening leave because he didn't come to the agreement with you. As soon as that happened the contract became locked and both parties are in for the full term of the contract. So, yeah he can't take a job in football until his Wednesday contract's up

Edited by Guest

He's on gardening leave because he didn't come to the agreement with you. As soon as that happened the contract became locked and both parties are in for the full term of the contract.

Does that mean he can't take another job then till his contract runs out?