Attendances

The Blades recently averaged more than that 3 years running the last time we were in the CCC.

Also when you consider that Sheff Utd have never finished in the top 3, never been in Europe and never been in any cup final since the war.

We must ave the best support (numbers wise) of any team in the UK that has been starved of any real success since the war.

Name me another team in Britain that has won nothing for 60 years but still averages over 18K in the 3rd tier. Can't think of any.

Pretty sure you did not average 25k for the 3 years running you were last in this division. Willing to be proven wrong though

Taking everything into consideration of course Wednesday have great support. Uniteds support can be really good but tends to be more fickle, suppose it comes with years of so near yet so far and false dawns/ false promises etc.

I've always thought that both clubs have a similiar hard core support but where as we have 5 to 10,000 floating support (commonly known as part timers), Wednesday have 10 to 15,000 floating support. Hence when you talk about Wednesdays "great support" and "massive" status you're talking about potential.

In the Brian Robson & Blackwell seasons we averaged just under 26,000 for 2 years, then just over 26,000 another year.

Taking everything into consideration of course Wednesday have great support. Uniteds support can be really good but tends to be more fickle, suppose it comes with years of so near yet so far and false dawns/ false promises etc.

I've always thought that both clubs have a similiar hard core support but where as we have 5 to 10,000 floating support (commonly known as part timers), Wednesday have 10 to 15,000 floating support. Hence when you talk about Wednesdays "great support" and "massive" status you're talking about potential.

In the Brian Robson & Blackwell seasons we averaged just under 26,000 for 2 years, then just over 26,000 another year.

More fickle? We are averaging pretty much the same now as when we were in the prem.

And the adults going in on Under 9 season tickets.

That's another old wives tale.

There are stewards marshalled at the other side who look for the green lights for adult or red light for a kid.

To be fair I think it might have happened in the 1st year when we were in the prem but the club got wind of it and cracked down.

There are stewards marshalled at the other side who look for the green lights for adult or red light for a kid.

To be fair I think it might have happened in the 1st year when we were in the prem but the club got wind of it and cracked down.

not according to your club on the OS

Oh no it’s not,

I personally know of a 26yr old who has been buying kids tickets at the Stain since the automated turnstiles were introduced. He as only ever been pulled once and that happened to be a weekend when he borrowed a child’s season ticket for a game 2 years ago, even then he was still allowed entry, the only course of action was the owner of the season ticket was sent a letter warning of possible consequences of any further misuse.

He was so confident of his ability to gain entry un-challenged this for this season he actually purchased himself a kid’s season ticket in the name of one of his friend’s children. Although I can’t vouch for it, he reckons that a group that he attends the games with all either purchase kid’s tickets or have season tickets. I can vouch for the fact that I have seen his kid’s season ticket.

Maldino,

That's like me saying I personally know people that have witnessed dozens of free tickets being handed out in certain pubs near Hillsboro. I know someone that works at the Uni and their staff are always offered free tickets.

Dezmondecker,

Try the 3 consecutive seasons before 2011. As I've said we averaged 25 or 26,000 for those 3 years whilst having small away numbers.

Due to having almost a full stadium away fans were limited to less than 3,000.

Try the 3 consecutive seasons before 2011. As I've said we averaged 25 or 26,000 for those 3 years whilst having small away numbers.

Due to having almost a full stadium away fans were limited to less than 3,000.

All clubs get a boost in attendances after being in the Premier league. What was your average in the 2 season's before you got promoted to the Premiership?