Middlewood tram stop yesterday...

Guest markowl123

Guest markowl123

For some strange reason the leeds fans heading for the train station was all directed to the middlewool p&r tram stop. Around 1000 of them was there and filled around 2 and 1/2 trams, aswell as the around 10 police and 10 security guards there were dire, they did nothing about at least stopping them causing rife but they did us. There was around 50 of us wednesdayites saying the odd comment, and their fans chanting 'murderers, murderers, murderers' of course, about the hillsborough disaster. And the thing that annoyed me, was this one guy acknowledged this small disabled child in his wheelchair waiting for the bus, and there fan goes on and throws a glass bottle directly at us waiting at the stop. The policeman knew who he was and didn't even attempt to arrest the guy. Another wednesdayite at the stop was started on by a number of leeds fans and was under lots off attack by them, he then asked the police officer to just shut the door and atleast offer a bit more protection to the small number of us, the police officer then replied 'I don't really care, If I wanted to hear any nagging, I wouldn't be at work and I'd be hearing it off my wife', absolute shambles the police and security yesterday.

I was at Middlewood tram stop too, but left just as the majority of Leeds fans came down, followed by a number of our fans and a pathetically small amount of police and stewards. Shocking organisation to call off the buses and force Wednesday fans to turn back into hillsborough mixing with any potential trouble. Appalling decision yet again SYP.

Guest markowl123

I was at Middlewood tram stop too, but left just as the majority of Leeds fans came down, followed by a number of our fans and a pathetically small amount of police and stewards. Shocking organisation to call off the buses and force Wednesday fans to turn back into hillsborough mixing with any potential trouble. Appalling decision yet again SYP.

I was thinking about doing that but the sl bus is my only avaliable way to get home, we were completely outnumbered and as you said, syp's organisation was appauling

Guest jonholdingS35OWL

Didn't the stadium announcer say that the trams for Wednesday fans were leaving from the top of the park so that the ones for the scum could leave from Middlewood?

For some strange reason the leeds fans heading for the train station was all directed to the middlewool p&r tram stop. Around 1000 of them was there and filled around 2 and 1/2 trams, aswell as the around 10 police and 10 security guards there were dire, they did nothing about at least stopping them causing rife but they did us. There was around 50 of us wednesdayites saying the odd comment, and their fans chanting 'murderers, murderers, murderers' of course, about the hillsborough disaster. And the thing that annoyed me, was this one guy acknowledged this small disabled child in his wheelchair waiting for the bus, and there fan goes on and throws a glass bottle directly at us waiting at the stop. The policeman knew who he was and didn't even attempt to arrest the guy. Another wednesdayite at the stop was started on by a number of leeds fans and was under lots off attack by them, he then asked the police officer to just shut the door and atleast offer a bit more protection to the small number of us, the police officer then replied 'I don't really care, If I wanted to hear any nagging, I wouldn't be at work and I'd be hearing it off my wife', absolute shambles the police and security yesterday.

Roughly translated as "I can't be arsed to arrest him then have to spend the next God knows how many hours filling in poo pooe loads of paper work"

I don't know why they didn't keep leeds fans in the ground for at least 20 mins after full time. It wouldn't have taken a genius to work out letting all fans out at the same time was asking for trouble.

Keep them in for 30 mins, let them smash poo up then let leeds united foot the bill.

Clueless.

I don't get the anti-police sentiment in this thread... it's wierd

So you don't understand why there was a build up of both sets of fans at middlewood? Who caused it? And why the buses and transport links were cut off for those who usually exit Sheffield through middlewood and towards Oughtibridge? Must have been the fairies that arranged it?

I don't get the anti-police sentiment in this thread... it's wierd

You mean regarding the OP's quote, or the Police filming us in the North Stand the other night while all hell breaks loose behind them etcetera etcetera.

Ok Neil, your definition of weird is...er.....

weird

...I think you will find that individual police officers can be complete ball sacks...that isn't anti-police sentiment it's criticism of poor policing by one individual...and it's something that should happen if the job isn't being done properly.

Edited by Freshfish

I agree with Neil the OP states there were approx 1000 Scum and about 10 coppers and he wants them to arrest someone who chucked a bottle ......................in a crowd where he's outnumbered 100 to 1 where im sure his primary concern is to get the 1000 away as quick as he can but he's the bellend .