Sheffield Wednesday programmes

I have every programme from 2002-2003 season including away games (The Glory days) at that time I was quite into my football memorabilia and thought certain things like a whole seaosn programmes may be worth something when in reality it's quite the opposite. You spend £2.00-£3 on a programme from the official booth then after the game has ended your lucky if you'll get 50p for it on ebay.

These days I just buy a programme if it has certain memories or if I can see the value increasing. Such as the Wycombe programme, made sure I got it signed by the squad too.

Have most seasons since 1983/84 Home but never bothered with pre season friendlies. For the real collectors this probably means

collection not complete. I see this season that the publishers numbered the home friendly as no.1 and first league game as 2 etc.

My collection started in 1960, albeit a bit hit and miss. I have every home league match programme since 1978 plus all the home F.A. Cup programmes, all the home League Cup programmes except two, and a fair number of Owls away programmes. About 1300 in total.

They are all from games that I have attended - I don't collect from matches that I havent seen.

When I look back through them it is like reading old diaries and brings back many memories - some good, some bad, and some absolutely bloody awful!!

I've got about 1500 programmes but not all Owls, friends who knew I was collecting brought me them from all over, Liverpool, Everton, Middlesbrough, Hull City.

My earliest Owls progs are from the 1950's which my dad passed on to me and my brother. I've got a couple of Donny Rovers progs from 1945-6 season, no idea where they came from.

For some reason we had about 12 from the same match in the 50's or 60's, dunno if me dad robbed the programme seller!

I guess the most valuable is probably the cup final replay against Arsenal.

I keep meaning to sell a the non-Wednesday ones when I get round to it.

Guest PointlessOwl

Does anyone have Palace and Brighton away this season their willing to sell me?:-)

Also collect old tickets of anyone has any that they want rid ofF :)

Guest Bedders

og.jpg

No it's a copy!

Wow these old football formations were wild.....is that 5 in the net & 1 up front. Or 1 in the net & 5 up front????

It's 'yer t'inside forerd n t'alfback' caper there!

I've got complete 1969-70 homes

&

1974/5 & 1975/6 -The Owl bound - bought from club shop at end of season after buying most of them at matches!

Complete runs:

1976/7

1977/8

1978/9

1979/80

1980/81

1992/3

1993/4

1994/5

you saw seen some crap if you went to all the games in 69-70 ....

Guest owl_be_back

Is anyone looking for a particular programme to complete a season/collection ?

I'm just missing a couple from the 1892/93 season then I've got every wednesday programme made