Loads better today

Guest Johnbloodaxe

I think we were better today too..

I would have like to have seen 2 up front however...

Although Bothriyd had a reasonable game I would still like to see two playing as out and out strikers.

Should Rodri be given a chance up front off COG or Madine at home ??? Play todays 451 away with Bothroyd, and COG or Madine

I think this looked a better balanced side..

If we had the run of luck in the first half we could have been going in 2 or 3 up at half time...

Then everyone would have been saying we were ripe for promotion..

Pleasing signs today , I expect more over next 2 or 3 games...

Guest BaRmY OwLs

Defence loads better

Midfield was pure class

Wednesday passed the ball really well

Loads of good stuff today

The first time we have really seen Dave Jones vision

Well done the two midfield lads.

Crowd were great today

To be fair Neil we saw this on tues the lads played excellent although some will say not.

I think we were better today too..

I would have like to have seen 2 up front however...

Although Bothriyd had a reasonable game I would still like to see two playing as out and out strikers.

Should Rodri be given a chance up front off COG or Madine at home ??? Play todays 451 away with Bothroyd, and COG or Madine

I think this looked a better balanced side..

If we had the run of luck in the first half we could have been going in 2 or 3 up at half time...

Then everyone would have been saying we were ripe for promotion..

Pleasing signs today , I expect more over next 2 or 3 games...

I said this after Burnley, then we played Hull at home who had many key players missing, we might of been better in defence by not conceding 3 but we lacked Ideas for a home side, worrying signs for me this mate.

In the first half we played better however if you really think that the second half was an improvement you have serious issues.

Hull did nothing for 3 points today. That is the most frustrating thing.

We lacked urgency, enthuisiasm any hardly had a chance on goal.

It depends what your classing as an improvement though exactly because judging on the previous weeks my Grandad playing would have been a f*****g improvement.

Get a grip neil and stop winding people up.

Like the topic you started yesterday about something happening at 5pm, I wish you would do the same and flipping disappear. You certainly have serious mental health issues. How the hell do you know how we played when your mincing with the crowd all day.

That's a bit strong.

If it weren't for him you wouldn't have this site to make your comments.

While I don't fully agree with Neil, he's not a million miles off. We were better today. The priority was quite clearly to try and keep a clean sheet and take it from there. And we very nearly managed it. We were much stronger defensively.

Everyone has moaned about the defence and rightly so. Now we look like we're getting somewhere in terms of addressing it and people just want to overlook that.

While I don't fully agree with Neil, he's not a million miles off. We were better today. The priority was quite clearly to try and keep a clean sheet and take it from there. And we very nearly managed it. We were much stronger defensively.

Everyone has moaned about the defence and rightly so. Now we look like we're getting somewhere in terms of addressing it and people just want to overlook that.

To be honest, what he did to sort the defence today is what everyone has been saying for the last half dozen games. Buxton came back from injury and Taylor finally got dropped.

To be honest, what he did to sort the defence today is what everyone has been saying for the last half dozen games. Buxton came back from injury and Taylor finally got dropped.

Exactly - we looked loads better

I thought we played a much better game today although we let ourselves down second half by dropping the pace/tempo and letting Hull have a bit more breathing space

Was a much more solid performance overall though - the team were up for it (especially 1st half) and the fans were right behind them

Their goal was a kick in the teeth and just an example of how this season is going

Owlstalk Shop

I disagree. Neil has a point that in general a fair few of the players did well - O'Grady, Buxton, Llera, Gardner, Antonio and the 3 in midfield. Also no one stood out as having a really bad game.

On the flip side no one stood out as having a really good game either.

The first half was fairly encouraging in that we were tidy enough, Antonio, O' Grady and to a certain extent Bothroyd were causing a threat and we didn't look like conceding.

However, in the 2nd half, Hull had too many good spells of possession for an away team and certainly looked more of a threat as the game wore on. Both teams looked intent on playing a more solid game early on having conceded so many recently but Hull were the ones who looked more dangerous 2nd half.

For all the neat and tidy passing of McCabe and Barkley they do not get forward enough in support of our attack and too often the front players are left islotaed. Our central midfield offers no goal threat at all.

Some good points made but we are trying to 'turn a corner' and, in my opinion, we played a lot better than we have been recently. I'm absolutely gutted we lost but encouraged with out performance. Do you know what - we'll turn that corner.

I think i'm going to believe the other 99% that have a completely opposite opinion Neil...

That's fine mate - that's what the site is here for

I dont' think anyone had a particularly BAD game though (although Madine was well out of sorts today)

I think Antonio having a relatively quiet game and no JJ meant were were quieter than we'd have liked to be

Overall though a step forward not a step backwards

Owlstalk Shop