Loads better today

this thread is a travesty

Some fans are just in the mindset that they'll slag Wednesday off no matter what

I honestly now believe that some posters in this thread don't know what they're on about - and only go on whether we got three points or not

Shame really - as the abuse flung out and hate posts are outnumbering the sensible debate ones currently

Owlstalk Shop

Exactly - we looked loads better

I thought we played a much better game today although we let ourselves down second half by dropping the pace/tempo and letting Hull have a bit more breathing space

Was a much more solid performance overall though - the team were up for it (especially 1st half) and the fans were right behind them

Their goal was a kick in the teeth and just an example of how this season is going

Plenty of what you say is right, but as the home team we should have been looking to win the game in the way that Hull did. We didn't create anywhere near the amount of chances that we did at Burnley so it wasn't much better.

The fact that Jones has been without Buxton has not been his fault but continuing to select Taylor prior to today was his fault. He shouldn't receive too much praise for finally seeing what most others had already pointed out some time ago.

Burnley and Hull were definitely an improvement on Huddersfield/Bolton/Wolves.

Unfortunately only one point to show for it and certainly still a way to go.

But an improvement nonetheless...!

Guest foreverSWFC

See what I mean

It's all about winning and losing.

So far this 'good football' and 'improvements' are getting us nowhere, it's just defeat after defeat, and it's getting very worrying now. Especially after a very good, hard fought, spirituous draw against Burnley.

Gutted. If we can't beat Hull at home after that result, it is a sign that the team is just not good enough, not a confidence issue.

I think we were better today too..

I would have like to have seen 2 up front however...

Although Bothriyd had a reasonable game I would still like to see two playing as out and out strikers.

Should Rodri be given a chance up front off COG or Madine at home ??? Play todays 451 away with Bothroyd, and COG or Madine

I think this looked a better balanced side..

If we had the run of luck in the first half we could have been going in 2 or 3 up at half time...

Then everyone would have been saying we were ripe for promotion..

Pleasing signs today , I expect more over next 2 or 3 games...

Yep

Defence loads better

Midfield was pure class

Wednesday passed the ball really well

Loads of good stuff today

The first time we have really seen Dave Jones vision

Well done the two midfield lads.

Crowd were great today

-21 ?????? who the flip are you show yourselves ? I was watching first half was pure class for me real good defending midfield awesome Antonio realy great few nice chances just the one goal first half would have done trick.... they come out second half all over place what did jones say in dressing room ? Much better from lads had we played like this from beginning of season I reckon we wouldn't have lost so many... I don't have the answers at min just hope we get that win on leeds!!

Two poo teams there tbf

Same as the bolton and hudders game, they were no better.

Which is worrying if we are a pretty poo team not getting owt against other poo teams.

Guest Triplej2

I thought we were sh*te, especially 2nd half when all of a sudden we just let them control the game.

We are devoid of ideas and need an older head to pull strings in midfield.

We are lacking movement and guile and that performance today definitely wasn't progress.

Our defence may have tightened up but it will never be anything more the a bog standard middle of the road set -up.

Although I'm firmly behind Jones I do worry about his tactics and his post match interview was pretty deluded as well.

It's gonna be a long season me thinks!