DJ press conference

Guest insideowl

Who knows?..could be a number of things.

Bring back Grenno Woods running that's what I say. We've not been the same since!

a lot of people took the p*ss out of this last year but i tell you what.... our fitness was sky high as was our commitment and endevaour

Funny how megson was slaughtered for being out of date with all the running yet we did remarkably well on the injury front (which was trumpeted by the club BTW) and had a team fit to go to the very end yet DJs pre season involved ball work from the word go.

This plus signing players with a track record of injury - Gardner and Kirkland foremost - has given us this situation. We've just scrapped our recruitment method back to Irvine-esque 'well he was good once' stuff.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Funny how megson was slaughtered for being out of date with all the running yet we did remarkably well on the injury front (which was trumpeted by the club BTW) and had a team fit to go to the very end yet DJs pre season involved ball work from the word go.

This plus signing players with a track record of injury - Gardner and Kirkland foremost - has given us this situation. We've just scrapped our recruitment method back to Irvine-esque 'well he was good once' stuff.

I'm sure Rob Jones spent a bit of time on the treatment table.

In addition, the emphasis on fitness may have prevented injuries but it was no longer influencing matches towards the end of Megsons time at the club. Playing football is what got us over the finish line, in the end.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

a lot of people took the p*ss out of this last year but i tell you what.... our fitness was sky high as was our commitment and endevaour

Was only getting us so far though!

It wouldn't have got us anywhere near United never mind one point ahead. Play offs at best!

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Can't argue with you - GM tried and I think finally put the injury jinx that haunted Laws and AI to bed, only for DJ now to seemingly ignore the injury prone history of his signings. Not sure it's completely the reason but silly risk imo

No Reda then?

We might actually see Mattock at LB now then, assuming Lee is fit and stays at RB.

Although Jones' recent team selections would suggest we'll play Mattock at RB, Beevers at LB and leave Lee out altogether. #facepalm.

Ankle still giving him gyp!!!

Just listened to DJ on Radio Sheff. Though he sounded positive & quite chirpy to be honest!

Hope we can put the last few matches behind us & put the right players out there, in the right positions,....... & move forward TOGETHER!

(and stop the pie crusts being soggy!) lol

Edited by Bedders

Sheffield Wednesday ‏@swfc

Dave Jones: "I plan on opening a twitter account prior to the league meeting with Wolves. I believe that as times are changing, social networking sites are such a great way to communicate to one another, and with the rapid enchancements with technology having a hugely positive effect on performance in sport, I will tell my team their instructions, and conduct team talks, via twitter " #swfc

Was only getting us so far though!

It wouldn't have got us anywhere near United never mind one point ahead. Play offs at best!

if we hadn't gone weeks without marshall before bringing in antonio we wouldnt have been behind the pigs in the first place, play offs at best, what are you smoking? if mandaric had backed megson like he's backed jones we'd have been up in april

Cant understand all the injuries.

Kirkland

Buxton

Lee

Reda

McCabe

Bothroyd

Thats a fair amount.

Lee will hopefully be ok for Sat, gashed ankle, bandage it up, play Mattock LB (but he wont)

I think team will be

Bywater

Lee Taylor Gardner DJones

Antonio Jose Barkley JJ

Pecnik

O'Grady

Cant understand all the injuries.

Kirkland

Buxton

Lee

Reda

McCabe

Bothroyd

Thats a fair amount.

Lee will hopefully be ok for Sat, gashed ankle, bandage it up, play Mattock LB (but he wont)

I think team will be

Bywater

Lee Taylor Gardner DJones

Antonio Jose Barkley JJ

Pecnik

O'Grady

Daniel Jones and Pecnik should be nowhere flipping near the starting line up. Never been and never will be championship players.

Who gives a fuuck about twitter really though? Or more to the point, why does anyone give a fucck about twitter?

It's just not important.

Some supporters abuse a player, the players tell thems to fucck off.

Fair's fair.

If you don't want to be told to fvcck off by a player then don't be a wee pipe to him, or just don't follow him on twitter at all. Nobody is making you. ITS STUPID!

agree totally Sonny

if players are going to get abused, they should be able to abuse back - only fair - eye for an eye - you wouldn't abuse someone in the street without expecting some repercussions would you!