Pecnic

Honestly don't see fans problem with Pecnik. Apart from his spectacular penalty miss at Oldham (which is the only thing I can think of as to why some of our lynch mob supporters are using him as the scapegoat) he hasn't really put a foot wrong. Keeps running, decent passer, where's the problem?

Suppose we should just go get Kenny Lunt and James O'Connor back, they were WAAAAY better!

Actually despair at our fan base sometimes.

I also despair at our fans, some of the stuff i've read in the past 2 weeks is embaressing. I'd actually forgetten about the oldham penalty miss.

But i would genuinely prefer lunt or o'connor over pecnic.

And all this nonsense about blooming technical ability - he has shown me zilch in 6 games or so to warrant being a footballer. Not a scapegot by any means but such a frustrating waste of a shirt when even julian bennett et al would be more use.

Honestly don't see fans problem with Pecnik. Apart from his spectacular penalty miss at Oldham (which is the only thing I can think of as to why some of our lynch mob supporters are using him as the scapegoat) he hasn't really put a foot wrong. Keeps running, decent passer, where's the problem?

Suppose we should just go get Kenny Lunt and James O'Connor back, they were WAAAAY better!

Happy Clapper alert

Pecnik is a playmaker, and should be played in attacking midfield behind either one (in a 4-5-1 formation) or two (4-3-1-2 formation) strikers. He's not a winger, not a striker or a central midfielder.

what has he shown to warrant being a playmaker? vision no? passing no? shooting no? creativity no? The only benefit of playing him there is that when he runs into opponents and gives it away at least he'll be miles from our goal

what has he shown to warrant being a playmaker? vision no? passing no? shooting no? creativity no? The only benefit of playing him there is that when he runs into opponents and gives it away at least he'll be miles from our goal

Like I said, he hasn't been played in that role yet.

Not using as a scapegoat I think people are giving an opinon.

Based on what Ive seen.

-Doesnt score

-

THAT

100%

Genuine question......are you being seriosus?

Do you ACTUALLY think he's good?

Alright knob head who r u to say I'm clueless and know flip all. In this thread iv said my views on a player that iv seen so far this season. Frankly I can't see a single positive about him. In fairness I tend to make pretty rational and balanced points on here.

Surprised there's a few supporting him. Wonder if the views would be different if he was from port vale, rather than being a long haired foreigner. As daft as it sounds I swear that affects some people's judgment.

I call you clueless because you say he has no characterisics of a professional footballer.

From what i have seen he has tremendous ability. More so than most 'footballers' i have seen. His ability tio hold onto the ball and find space for himself to play in is plain to see.

If your idea of a footballer is someone who runs around clapping though, we will never agree.

I just think you are desperately trying to find another scapegoat bandwagon to jump onto.

This the default way of dealing with defeats for many fans. I cannot say i am blameless in this regard as I regularly blamed joc for us being crap (even though he was the reason :ph34r: ). It needs to stop though. It's not helping and it's just b0ll0cks.

Edited by Beholder

Genuine question......are you being seriosus?

Do you ACTUALLY think he's good?

Yes

There's a number of players in our squad who haven't gelled/been played/had enough time on the pitch/been played in their right positions yet

Pecnik is one of them

He's great technically which you need in this division

He's a playmaker who should sit behind the front two, and bang the occasional 30 yarder in (which he can do regularly)

And I'm basing my opinion on his time on the pitch, what I've heard from SWFC coaches and management, and not the video above (just put that on there for an example)

Owlstalk Shop

Yes

There's a number of players in our squad who haven't gelled/been played/had enough time on the pitch/been played in their right positions yet

Pecnik is one of them

He's a playmaker who should sit behind the front two, and bang the occasional 30 yarder in (which he can do regularly)

And I'm basing my opinion on his time on the pitch, what I've heard from SWFC coaches and management, and not the video above (just put that on there for an example)

Fair play to you then. Didnt know if this was one of your wind ups.

If he’s not a winger though, where he’s featured for the most part, why does Dave Jones play him there and not in the hole?

I honest haven’t seen anything that suggests he’s going to give us 20-30 good games this season. Which is what we need from some that is supposed to be a main attacking threat (at least)

How good is the leagues he being playing in before now? Not far above pub league is my guess.

I genuinely hope I’m wrong as we all (well most of us) want talented, flamboyant and attacking players at this club.

Fair play to you then. Didnt know if this was one of your wind ups.

If he’s not a winger though, where he’s featured for the most part, why does Dave Jones play him there and not in the hole?

I honest haven’t seen anything that suggests he’s going to give us 20-30 good games this season. Which is what we need from some that is supposed to be a main attacking threat (at least)

How good is the leagues he being playing in before now? Not far above pub league is my guess.

I genuinely hope I’m wrong as we all (well most of us) want talented, flamboyant and attacking players at this club.

All new players need time to bed in

The only mistake we've made to date this season is not having the squad completed well in advance of the season starting

It'll all come good

These players will come good and shine too

Owlstalk Shop

THAT

100%

I am definitely underhwelmed by Pecnik, and in all honesty can see no redeeming features in the performances I've seen. However, I'll go with Dave Jones, because Jones is a quality manager with a good enough record to suggest he knows a good player when he see s one. What I want to know though, ih how come you're so convinced that he's such a great talent, even seeming to know where his best position is, because I'd bet my house that you'd never heard of him before he signed for us, and if you're honest haven't seen him look anything like a footballer just yet. I'm just interested to know where you got this great insight with regards his ability.

Yes

Pecnik is one of them

Tempo that this league is played at proved far to quick for Pecnik so far, he constantly needs more time on the ball, another touch, etc...

He is a good player, though and hopefully given time will adapt to this league.

Doesn't matter how I want to, but can't really say that he showed much so far.

Pecknik offers jack poo poo work rate off the ball and will not cut it where u get picked of in this division if you do not chase back and pressure players. He could get out of it if he was techniqually good with the ball but he lacks that at the moment

That is a lie however. no one should be able to say that Pecnik doesn't work hard and gives his all for the club !

to put it very simply..... HE IS A LUXURY WE CANNOT AFFORD AT THE MOMENT !

one of those players who would (possibly) look good/fit into an established side with an established team framework. easy to work out why HE is struggling to make an impact AND easy to see why WE are struggling to make an impact ;- too many changes + too many square pegs in round holes = no team framework being established

Guest silvergusy

What a clown you are, I'm not saying pecnic will prove all doubters wrong but for me I've seen enough to think he can make it here but I think it will take a lot of effort on his part to fit into DJ's formation as I beleive his best position is a free role of a front man.

He showed in the second half of the Oldham game what he might be capable of week in week out but he needs time and games.

Same for boothroyd, Rodri and the rest of the new signings.

Although its not fun watching them get there.