Chris Kirkland - back spasm

Guest Sheff Owl

So where has he actually said Kirkland was injured with a back spasm? I can't find it

Just found it.

I doubt DJ would lie about an injury. TBH I would have expected near enough the same team playing last night as they did on Saturday simply to try and get some consistency and get something gelling together. Obviously this was a no go though

Guest Briscoe Inferno

i see bywater wasn't the answer then...

But he pulled off some fantastic saves, nearly saved the penalty and took responsibility & marshalled the defence very well.

Including putting players on the posts at corners....

But he pulled off some fantastic saves, nearly saved the penalty and took responsibility & marshalled the defence very well.

Including putting players on the posts at corners....

hahahaha!

i'm not quite sure that putting defenders on posts for corners will have been bywater's brainwave after last weekends debacle...

as for nearly saved the penalty, i didn't see it, but heard it on the radio...

the commentator said "HE'S SAVED IT, OH! NO, it's gone in, he should have saved that"...

i said at the time, "i bet he wasn't ready, he'd be marshalling the side into it's places around the box, so it could best get in for the rebound when he saved it"...

the trouble with making bywater into a peter shilton, was always going to leak water when push came to shove...

Edited by dnhc

back spasms if real reason he didnt play aren't funny - I suffered for years with em disables you diving around and stretching it must be a nightmare. Acuncture defo helped me and I think he's thrown the kitchen sink at trying to solve it but imho taking a goalie on with that prob still unsorted was and now is a stupid gamble

Guest insideowl

when signing a player with kirklands injury record, reacurances is always going to be an issue. Same applies for Gardner.

Hope its not true for Kirklands sake but i'm more than confident in bywaters ability.

this iis why I always said the signing of Kirkland didn't make sense. In the summer there were a multitude of decent goalies about without degrenerative injuries. Fair play to him for making it six years after he was pretty much told to retire. Have you got coverage for Bywater?

Edited by Guest

well according to some we may need it because bywater is'nt good enough, Baggiehy mate

The first post I made when I heard you'd signed him was my one and only troll i made in 1200 posts and that was basically because I couldn't believe you'd signed him. In a time when you're strengthening, like the summer Trev. He's too much of a risk. i understand how everybody got excired, because, he's a "name" who once played for England. Fairplay, I can see that. But its not the end of September and the Back spasms have already kicked in. Is he a luxary Wednesday can afford? As for Bywater certainly good enough for the championship. Is Weaver still there mate?

Edited by Guest

re: kirkland dropped because of a back spasm:

maybe it's more that the long journey coupled with the game wouldn't be worth the risk. Especially when the league is more important?

But then the same report says taylor and Barkley were injured and not cup tied, and I'd presume that's a mistake so I don't know what to believe?